Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
While in blighted village, i noticed that my characters has a tendency to path find off of roofs and take fall damage (which has caused death) instead of using the ladders and walking around.

apprentice
apprentice
I have had the same problem. Not only there, but also in the Risen Road area where Anders is. Instead of using the ladder that was *right there*, my character jumped off the second story and fell on a box, which was interpreted by the vendor there as vandalism. I had could either talk my way out of it or attack. Of course, I tried the former and failed, which initiated combat with all of them. Over a broken box. ouch

O
journeyman
journeyman
O
its probably because an enemy destroyed the ladder-- see if its there. You might see the 2 vertical poles with no ladder rungs-- that means the enemy hit it with something.

addict
addict
Very true and crazy. I was often too surprised to right-click fast enough ...

P
stranger
stranger
P
I have noticed this as well. Not in the blighted village mind you but there have been multiple times when there was a perfectly safe path from the top of the ledge to the ground level and instead of taking the sensible path my character would just walk off the ledge and face plant on the ground.

Between this and walking through fire and other damaging obstacles, people seem to be suicidal in the Forgotten Realms. That's probably why everybody forgot about them.

Last edited by Phanixis; 13/10/20 10:47 PM.
S
S
Same. Not just when ladders were near but also rock faces. The party would be fine but my custom mc would not.

Link Copied to Clipboard