Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
So, level 4 is a terrible spot to have a level cap. in 5e RAW, most characters start getting more fleshed out and better options at level 5. It is your first real power spike. Not being able to level to 5 really screws over the spellcasters in particular, but affects all of the classes negatively.

Are there any chances that we can get passed level 4 during the EA period, as you start to add more content? Orrr are we stuck the level 4 cap for the entire EA period?

R
R
No fireball for you!

addict
addict
Nor animate dead, nor animate objects, nor any interesting spell... And considering that even firebolt is nerfed, IDK if I will purchase before someone makes a spell fixes like they made to nwn2.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Since the whole idea behind early access it for them to test, tune, polish and finalize all the systems and mechanics of the game prior to full release, I would expect at some point they will release all such higher level systems, spells and mechanics into EA for us to test, contort and break, in order for them to complete said tuning, polishing and finalizing.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Since the whole idea behind early access it for them to test, tune, polish and finalize all the systems and mechanics of the game prior to full release, I would expect at some point they will release all such higher level systems, spells and mechanics into EA for us to test, contort and break, in order for them to complete said tuning, polishing and finalizing.

This is what I am hoping. Would be nice if a dev or community manager would confirm this though smirk

stranger
stranger
Am I the only one absolutely stomping every fight? Feel like I've been on one constant powerspike

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by NineCoronas
Am I the only one absolutely stomping every fight? Feel like I've been on one constant powerspike

This will largely depend on A if you are playing by yourself or multiplayer, and B on your starting class. Consider a wizard can start off with as low as 7 HP, and potentially lower if they legit use con as a dump stat and lower it to like 8 or something. Same with Warlock really.

Also depends on stats, and where the player explores in early game (no spoilers please, still working through it).

I had a much easier time in multiplayer and as a fighter.

But I'm not asking about the level cap raise due to difficulty. I want the game to be difficult. I also want to be able to explore more of each classes abilities and get rewarded for stuff I do after level 4 as opposed to when level 4 hits, feeling like I am wasting my time.

veteran
veteran
I'm not sure I'm concerned about the EA but definitely hope for higher level cap in the game

vel Offline
I've been stomping every fight after the first couple.

Jump and shove are OP just like in 5e with a lenient DM.

Positioning makes it easier too.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by vel

Shove doesnt really seem to do much, even when pushing enemies off roofs they still only take a couple points of damage.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Originally Posted by vel

Shove doesnt really seem to do much, even when pushing enemies off roofs they still only take a couple points of damage.

i don't agree with you, with shove you can instantly kill some mobs, i don't want it to be nerfed though, for me it add depth in the combat system of the game without being too much. (like the powder, oil and alcohol kegs you find everywhere)

veteran
veteran
I guess MAYBE raising the cap to 5 if they add enough questlines in the next months is not completely out of the question, but I wouldn't expect anything beyond that.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard