Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Emulate Offline OP
OP Offline
BG3 is such a failure Divinity 2 is now way ahead of it in twitch views, as it should be...

They should remove this game off steam and take another year to redesign all the failed and broken systems they put in it.

This has been the biggest letdown in the last 10 years and I don't think this game is fixable while keep its current systems in it.

journeyman
journeyman
they ARE taking another year to design all the broken stuff, what part of early access don't you understand?

addict
addict
A game that's been out for years and has had a consistent and dedicated fanbase is ahead of a game that just released in early access without being distributed across every platform?
No. Way.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
A game that's been out for years and has had a consistent and dedicated fanbase is ahead of a game that just released in early access without being distributed across every platform?
No. Way.

OMGawd !!! Like I'm just speechless !!! And here I thought EA meant a completely finished, polished and tuned product that was reserved for just special people like me for the next year!!!

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Emulate
BG3 is such a failure Divinity 2 is now way ahead of it in twitch views, as it should be...

They should remove this game off steam and take another year to redesign all the failed and broken systems they put in it.

This has been the biggest letdown in the last 10 years and I don't think this game is fixable while keep its current systems in it.

What is up your ass with Larian? You're obviously just here to troll.

C
C
Not at this price. 80 bucks means the general public expect much more close to done and will not likely come back when it actually works.

Not me, but what I notice from people

Last edited by CamKitty; 09/10/20 12:51 AM.
W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by CamKitty
Not at this price. 80 bucks means the general public expect much more close to done and will not likely come back when it actually works.

No, it will be fine. The Steam reviews are very positive, and will only get better as they tighten up the game.

addict
addict
I’ve zero complaints - gaming is running well - sure the odd rough bit but for EA this is great 😊- OP you’re on your own I’m afraid - dunno which BG3 version you’re playing but it ain’t nothing like mine.
Maybe try playing something else if you are struggling with the systems.

Last edited by Tarorn; 09/10/20 02:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
or perhaps BG3 has re-ignited interest in DOS2 with people who didn't want to buy the EA.

addict
addict
You have a point - either way more sales for larian means more cashflow to keep building this great game

N
old hand
old hand
N
I would say BG 3 EA is such a success (83k peak of players on steam) that new gamers who never heard of Larian before want to try their actual masterpiece DOS 2.

stranger
stranger
Imagine comparing a work-in-progress demo available for a few days, to a finished game that received multiple patches, rebalances and DLCs over several years.

stranger
stranger

No, 80 bucks means only people who are really interested in the game will get the EA and give feedback.
If the EA was free, or just less expensive, you'd have hordes of mildly curious people trying it and giving worthless feedback since they probably wouldn't play the game at release.

apprentice
apprentice

Most of it except for turn based mode is probably fixable, but these are all conscious design decisions and I doubt they'll change their minds. I enjoyed DOS2 so I'm not heartbroken, but I enjoyed BG2 much more and I expected more BG2 and less DOS2. I don't think I'll be getting that, so I'll probably play this and skip the next Larian game. Their sales will look fine for BG3 and then I wonder if they'll drop off for their next release, kind of like POE2 due to POE1 being a yawn fest.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by JakiStow

No, 80 bucks means only people who are really interested in the game will get the EA and give feedback.
If the EA was free, or just less expensive, you'd have hordes of mildly curious people trying it and giving worthless feedback since they probably wouldn't play the game at release.

All you have now is rich entitled brats that are doing the exact same thing..

It's going to take time for them all to wander off to the next shiny thing (Cyberpunk or something) and then the real discussion happens.

journeyman
journeyman

Go back to Steam with your trolling.

G
stranger
stranger
G

You didn't play early access for DOS2 did you? My firend maybe refund the game and try again when they have completed it. I don't think EA is what your looking for.

apprentice
apprentice
what a troll.

addict
addict
DOS2 : which began with an Early Access/Public beta also and has been improved over many years.

Comparing it to a game that is *not* released yet, that has about 25 hours of playthrough, and for which Larian warns folks they might want to wait before buying.

The original statement here is a failure of reasoning / argumentation. Unless you were joking / trolling : if so, you got me ! :P

Last edited by Baraz; 09/10/20 04:32 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Annnnd we should care why, OP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard