Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 41 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41
apprentice
apprentice
1. UI is too big, unnecessary big. Can cause problems if played at not wide-screen resolutions. It all can be neatly placed in a single line (maybe two, rather thin lines), like in DOS:II, the best isometric RPG on the market. Why you want so much to be so "different" from DOS:II? It is the best, so take the best from it, and build on top. Don't listen to whiny fools who say that "it resembles DOS:II too much", it is a compliment. Remember UI from worldwide gameplay reveal at PAX? It was a very good base to build on. Just enhance it (there was two lines, but second was basically empty, huge health/movement bars, huge icons of effects on top of the portraits, map was not good, now it's better). Fully adjustable single/double Skills line(s), where you can put anything, this is the perfect UI. Not a bunch of sections, with unnecessary "design" elements.

2. Portraits. First, I don't need 2 portraits in my UI, one in corner (party) and one in the middle of the screen. I see whom I've chosen, I don't need additional clutter portrait in the center. Secondly, portraits now look like it's renders of naked models. Third, add casting spells on portraits.

3. Add books. Many books. Game is empty now, give us some LORE, there is a lot of D&D Lore.

4. Add full descriptions of Spells, when you learn it as a Wizard, Lore description. Like
"Polymorph
4th-level transmutation
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 60 feet
Components: V, S, M (a caterpillar cocoon)
Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour
This spell transforms a creature that you can see within range into a new form. An unwilling creature must make a Wisdom saving throw to avoid the effect. The spell has no effect on a shapechanger or a creature with 0 hit points.
The transformation lasts for the duration, or until the target drops to 0 hit points or dies. The new form can be any beast whose challenge rating is equal to or less than the target’s (or the target’s level, if it doesn’t have a challenge rating). The target’s game statistics, including mental ability scores, are replaced by the statistics of the chosen beast. It retains its alignment and personality.
The target assumes the hit points of its new form. When it reverts to its normal form, the creature returns to the number of hit points it had before it transformed. If it reverts as a result of dropping to 0 hit points, any excess damage carries over to its normal form. As long as the excess damage doesn’t reduce the creature’s normal form to 0 hit points, it isn’t knocked unconscious.
The creature is limited in the actions it can perform by the nature of its new form, and it can’t speak, cast spells, or take any other action that requires hands or speech.
The target’s gear melds into the new form. The creature can’t activate, use, wield, or otherwise benefit from any of its equipment.
"

Also, in-game, explain on what exactly you need 50 gold to learn a spell, add some explanations, like a DM would do.

5. Add some crafting. Artificers can craft A LOT of stuff in 5th ed. (arrows, potions, poisons, grenades, armour, etc.), basically, "on their knee", can infuse items with magic, attune magic items, craft a magic items with different levels of rarity, Wizards can scribe scrolls, so add full on crating system in the game, please.

Last edited by Chaotic Good; 10/10/20 07:08 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by nikssana
EA need a CHA based class added there is all but CHA one why

Warlock Class is in the game and CHA based

Sorcerer is incredibly similar to wizard so no reason to make it an EA class as well, and Bard is, well bard is a 5th wheel in a 4 man max party. So Warlock you get.

I'm glad the class types are very distinct, maybe the ranger has some gray area between warrior and rogue but otherwise very distinct playstyles for all the EA classes while they fine tune the game.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I think it might be because people unfamiliar with DnD wont nessecarily look at fighters as a viable archer class.
Also I think they view the ranger as more likely to need tweaks and changes during the EA and thus they make them available to play and leave feedback on.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Minsc1122
Originally Posted by SirMoogle
Originally Posted by Minsc1122
For me it is confusing, that you can attack with off hand separately, when you got two weapon fighting, it feels like as if it could be done automatically.

It's done that way because attacking with the offhand weapon is a bonus action.

Could be, that the book says that, but still it is something that they could build in their own two weapon fighting system. It feels like, that I have to click too many times to attack, especially that most of them are miss with off hand.

You can already do this by simply clicking the opponent, that defaults to both main and offhand attacks at the same time.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Luckbealady
For the love of god can we get the variant humans before the other races? The ordinary humans just feel lazy and every other race seems to have sub-races already.

Also +1 to everything else, especially environmental effects on cantrips. Either that or every refund should come with the joints they're smoking.

What would be the point before they've implemented feats? The available list is pretty short right now.

apprentice
apprentice

... Warlock? And what difference does that make, anyway?

D
stranger
stranger
D
A few things:
- Perhaps there needs to be a better tutorial as to stealth and character's entering combat. It took me some time to realise why certain characters were not entering initiative.
- Action surge has on occasion failed to actually provide me with an extra action.
- There has been occasion where I have not been able to end a character's turn, and it's not been clear as to why, even after checking other characters.
- It would be helpful for a mass "stealth/unstealth" button, particularly out of combat.
- Jump out of threatened range needs to be corrected.

Thank you for your continued work. Both developers and those focused on ease of communications on the forums.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Koshea

Sorcerer is incredibly similar to wizard so no reason to make it an EA class as well, and Bard is, well bard is a 5th wheel in a 4 man max party. So Warlock you get.

I'm glad the class types are very distinct, maybe the ranger has some gray area between warrior and rogue but otherwise very distinct playstyles for all the EA classes while they fine tune the game.

Extremely strange swipe at bards, actually one of the top tier classes of 5e.

Sorcerer's also have meta magic, an extremely different spin on the caster archetype.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Jonneh

Extremely strange swipe at bards, actually one of the top tier classes of 5e.

Sorcerer's also have meta magic, an extremely different spin on the caster archetype.

I like bards, I really do, but when there's only 4 people they dno't fill any of the needed niche's very well on their own (they may do fine as the healer), they make great support of other classes.
Absolutely, sorcerers are great with metamagic, not saying they don't have differences but they cast the exact same spells as a wizard so you pick one of the two if your trying to limit the classes you have to focus on. Every class is different I want all the classes in the final game, not knocking any class here, but it's obvious they needed to focus on getting a few classes right and of the 3 CHA classes the Warlock was the most unique stand out of the three.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I think seeing as Shadowheart is one of the first npc you encounter and how limited we are for options i think there should be an effort put in for greater parity between the offical books and how the game handles the trickery clerics channel divinity.

Channel Divinity: Invoke duplicity
Starting at 2nd level, you can use your Channel Divinity to create an illusory duplicate of yourself.

As an action, you create a perfect illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space that you can see within 30 feet of you. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but it must remain within 120 feet of you.

For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion's space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how distracting the illusion is to the target.

As of now in the game it is a stationary training dummy that grants advantage to allies within close proximity.

I've used the power once and i doubt i will again. With how large the maps are, and agile the enemies are, without spending considerable resources managing the battlefield a stationary dummy that does not attract attention to itself will rarely be useful.

apprentice
apprentice
Need a way to cancel concentration on a spell just by cancelling it, until then make sure you pick a cantrip like mage hand that requires concentration so you can manually cancel other spells like fog cloud after battle.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Oh come on now. Its different yes, but calling it extremely different is a bit of a stretch. Sorcs are more similar to wizards than they are to any other class, so if sorcs are extremely different to wizards then they are ultra mega hyper different to other classes. :p

Last edited by Skallewag; 10/10/20 08:20 AM.
stranger
stranger
A quickloot button like Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition would be welcome for looting a load of corpses.

Also someone else pointed out that the level up button was in the exact same place as the accept button for levelling up, so if you click a bit too eagerly you'll instantly level up without a chance to review the screen.

Last edited by greenman19; 10/10/20 08:45 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Um, do doknow space is the default keybinding for "take everything" right?

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Skallewag
Um, do doknow space is the default keybinding for "take everything" right?

In BG1/2 it'd bring up a quickbar of all the surrounding bodies in range. Much quicker than going through each one individually.

Can be a lot to loot after some battles.

L
stranger
stranger
L

I like bards, I really do, but when there's only 4 people they dno't fill any of the needed niche's very well on their own (they may do fine as the healer), they make great support of other classes.

In 5E, Bard are full caster. I would agree than in most rpg, support classes tend to shine with larger party. However, that's not what bard are in 5E.They can fulfill almost any roll (from healer to CCer, etc.) and be really good at it as long as you build them appropriately.

veteran
veteran
HEALING

Please remove the magical healing from mundane food.

Eating pork chops or garlic as a bonus action in melee to heal is a ridiculous concept. It doesn't belong in an RPG.

If this was put in because there is a problem with the HP economy to keep the game flowing, use other solutions that make sense. Short Rests. Or even just letting everyone heal some HP after every fight automatically. A breather to shake off some combat fatigue.

Reserve potions and healing spells for emergency use and keep them rare and valuable assets. So don't turn food healing into more potions either.

journeyman
journeyman
1. Seconding literally all of the things on the list currently, as well as food healing. Maybe food healing should be tied to a difficulty setting?

Honestly the abundance of verticality, healing potions, foods, and condition-free resting (why bother taking prayer of healing?) makes it feel silly to bring a Cleric. I get not wanting players to be forced to bring a certain
companion, but having choices like that have even some consequence could be nice.

2. Summons with the Fly ability are super silly currently. Can go places without triggering fights (have only really tried this in a few fights, and all of them had triggers involving cutscenes). Being able to fully explore areas for free, drag items back to the party, etc is pretty broken. Some sort of max-distance-from-summoner seems needed. Mainly in regards to Imp, given that it can literally go invisible, permanently, too.

3. Another thing I havent really seen mentioned in regards to fights with verticality is that a lot of the time, you can basically break the encounter by just..destroying a ladder. "Smart play" is one thing, but when enemies just stare up at you blankly when they cannot reach or hit you isnt really engaging. A system for them to find cover that isn't Directly next to them or to try and get away might solve this. Specifically thinking of the main goblin camp w/ the ladder by Novice Crusher. Go up it, break it, and none of the melee goblins can reach you and you can move and LOS every goblin. They just stand still. There are plenty of places to move to to hide from, get away from, and even another way to reach the party in that area. Enemy AI in general just kinda needs work I guess.

Last edited by QuietCountryCafe; 10/10/20 09:07 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
I might have just been missing it, but where is the dodge action? Having no dodge action is catastrophal for the rouge.

Last edited by Sigi98; 10/10/20 09:09 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
I want to be able to create fat, thin, muscular, tall characters, being able to play a real muscular warrior that would be great.

Page 11 of 41 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard