Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
I was impressed by the amount of unique dialog I got in the goblin stronghold as a Drow. I love that the choice of race has a real impact. That said I ran into a burning inn later on where a raiding party of drow had fought the flaming fist. The remaining fist didnt react to me being a drow at all, even though the ground was littered with drow and fist dead. I hope this is something that will be added during early access, otherwise its very inconsistent.

Im also impressed by the character models and voice acting. These are not just on point for companions and important NPCs, but everyone. It helps with immersion a lot. The choices in dialogue also seem to have real impact. In many games different choices lead to the same response. In BG3 this does not seem to be the case (judging by my many alts in the very early part of EA). No wonder the amount of lines voiced for EA is so much bigger than it was for DOS2 EA.

I do have some issues with the camera, especially in caves with hight differences, and I do not like the map design (as in the minimap and the map you get pressing M). I also think the inventory management need a lot of work. Other than that Im having a great time.

Originally Posted by MarcHicks
You know what, I just love to sneak behind enemies & push them off high perches. That NEVER gets old laugh.

Enemies? Playing through the tutorial in co-op, Lae'zel forcibly started a conversation with my partner in crime. What she didn't realize what that, despite only seeing one player character, there was another one coming up soon after her engagement begun. Suddenly she felt felt a strong push and went flying over the edge of the ship, ending up somewhere in Avernus.

Most perplexingly, her stuff showed up at the crash site of the Illithid ship. "Free loot!", our adventurers exclaimed, and went on their merry way.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I like many things, but if I have to pick just 1 then it's the narrator's voice. I don't know who it is, but sounds like Alix Wilton Regan.

apprentice
apprentice
I've really enjoyed exploring. Normally I get bored of that after a while, but there are so many cool things to find in BG3.

Also, Scratch

C
Banned
Banned
C
Let's see:

Frog isn't a Prince, but does lead you to a reward if you kill the Hag

Romancing the Drow lore in the hidden waterfall area

The boar is Welsh and wants a bride

Out-of-the-blue random Illithid NPC trader (which... might be bugged. After save scumming the entire thing, getting all positives + the ring, Lae is now bugged in camp. Gonna re-run this a few times to see if it's actually related)

Harper's hidden cache is like the most super-hidden bit of treasure you'll ever find (...but bugged atm)

No idea how people are not getting all their companions to high++ levels: currently I have 5 companions who all want to jump my bones

Van Hellsing knock-off Vamp killer got squished

Myconid evil heel turn: gonna have to run that one as evil char and see what happens if I side with it

Barrels. Alllll the barrels.

Phase spiders: everyone moans about the balance, without spotting the hidden area with the Lloth lore in it.

Squirrel Mafia: it's a thing.

And so on.

It's very good so far.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard