Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Stop unlocking and adding stuff to my hotbar! I have every single hotbar toggle unchecked in options. Nothing should be added. Nothing should be removed. I lock it, save my game, and at some random point in the future (could be a minute from now, could be an hour) suddenly my hotbar is full of crap all over again. This is incredibly annyoying.

Last edited by King Qyote; 09/10/20 03:25 AM. Reason: clarification
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
Completely agree. Those options are definitely not functioning because I did the exact same thing. Pretty much before even playing the game I made sure all those were unchecked, but spells kept coming and going regardless.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
why does it even go in there in the first place? Right?
This is my HOTBAR not my inventory

Joined: Oct 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
It might be related to the locking mechanic; I have all the options turned off and I don't have this problem ever.

Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Denmark
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2016
Location: Denmark
Originally Posted by Certheri
Completely agree. Those options are definitely not functioning because I did the exact same thing. Pretty much before even playing the game I made sure all those were unchecked, but spells kept coming and going regardless.

I've noticed that spells who can be reapplied or recast (Speak with dead, Eldritch Blast, True Strike etc) have a tendency to disappear and reappear at random intervals. I haven't paid enough attention to them, but I think it's tied to the spells' availability resetting when you rest.
It's very annoying and I sincerely hope they address this before the full release of the game. I'm unsure why it's even necessary for the recast options to produce a second spell slot at all, it'd be much easier if I could just continue using the same ability.

Joined: Nov 2020
E
member
Offline
member
E
Joined: Nov 2020
Originally Posted by King Qyote
Stop unlocking and adding stuff to my hotbar! I have every single hotbar toggle unchecked in options. Nothing should be added. Nothing should be removed. I lock it, save my game, and at some random point in the future (could be a minute from now, could be an hour) suddenly my hotbar is full of crap all over again. This is incredibly annyoying.

I recall there are checkboxes under Options where you can choose what kind of stuff goes into your hotbar on pickup.

Joined: Nov 2020
M
stranger
Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Nov 2020
look throught the option, theres a section that allow you to set what you want in your hotbar, ive personnaly disable everything except spell and skill


french canadian who prefer to interact with the english forum. sorry if i make mistake. i do my best ;P
Joined: Oct 2020
E
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by MatThee0g
look throught the option, theres a section that allow you to set what you want in your hotbar, ive personnaly disable everything except spell and skill


maybe , learn to read ?




Originally Posted by King Qyote
Stop unlocking and adding stuff to my hotbar! I have every single hotbar toggle unchecked in options. Nothing should be added. Nothing should be removed. I lock it, save my game, and at some random point in the future (could be a minute from now, could be an hour) suddenly my hotbar is full of crap all over again. This is incredibly annyoying.


[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Joined: Nov 2020
M
stranger
Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Nov 2020
true, my bad hahaha well it work fine on my side so maybe its simply a bug? got to be a bug tho. edit : nvm. i notice it happen today.

Last edited by MatThee0g; 11/11/20 05:30 PM.

french canadian who prefer to interact with the english forum. sorry if i make mistake. i do my best ;P
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
I unchecked every one of those options in settings, made sure it was applied, and it still adds and removes spells from my bar as it sees fit.

Joined: Nov 2020
M
stranger
Offline
stranger
M
Joined: Nov 2020
is it with every spell? is it when you change yours prepared spell? its kinda like when you hex someone and the stat alway change order in the selection box, its a pain :P


french canadian who prefer to interact with the english forum. sorry if i make mistake. i do my best ;P
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
I agree. I've even turned off the option for things to be added and it STILL gets added.

Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I unchecked every one of those options in settings, made sure it was applied, and it still adds and removes spells from my bar as it sees fit.


I thank the gods for seeing somebody post about this here on the forums.


Optimistically Apocalyptic
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Can you please rename topic? laugh
Everytime im searching if there is something new i forgot what is here. laugh


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
The game seems to REALLY want Shadowheart to have Charm Person and Disguise Self on her bar. No matter how many times I remove them, they always come back. Not only that, but the "second level version" of Charm Person, too. Which doesn't even do anything different.

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Im just sorting this "unused" spells on second action bar ...


I liked original spellcasting system more ... frown

Anyway ... i cast Eldritch Blast!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5