Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#682852 09/10/20 05:19 AM
Bray Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I feel that putting a cap to the amount you can rest would add an extra layer of depth to the game.
It makes all resources (spell slots, potions etc.) that much more meaningful.

So maybe this is just an EA feature, but currently you are able to take pretty much as many long rests as you need within a dungeon.
This somewhat trivializes resource management?
You can be full health, and full spell slots for every encounter if you really wanted.
I'm not sure how to implement it, but you should have a limited number of rests depending on the length of the dungeon

If the above were to be implemented.
1 short rest per day is limiting - maybe 2-3 per day

This would require you to actually prepare for a dungeon
Potions would actually be important.
I don't know about anyone else but I have yet to use a potion as I can just rest after every encounter if needed.

journeyman
journeyman
I'm not speaking matter-of-factly here, but I'm pretty sure this is an early access thing. There's one area that I recall not being able to fast travel in, so I couldn't long rest. It would make sense to me to expand that to any place that isn't in the overworld, or even just more areas if nothing else.

I definitely agree with adding short rests, and restricting long rests more. Could even be a difficulty difference potentially.

Bray Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
it will be interesting to see how they deal with difficulty as D&D obviously has a somewhat strict rule-set

addict
addict
+1

Link Copied to Clipboard