Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
fixxer Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
DOS2 has a major flaw - Inventory management. (Keyboard/Mouse)

I've mentioned this in the past as have many others, and still there's been no efforts on this. I would really hate to see the same fate befall BG3.

I don't own BG3 but i have spoken to people who do and they confirm Inventory management is similar and lacking in these regards..

With DOS2 you cannot multi-select, cannot move items between bags or inventories in bulk, and it makes inventory management really clunky and awful.
Please add these features to BG3. Beloved DOS2 may never see these fixes but please don't miss a real opportunity to get the jump on one of the major cons of DOS2 and give BG3 some decent inventory-management options/mechanics.

Multi-select, auto-sort, some bags system of some kind..

Something, anything, just not another DOS2-like inventory system where moving individual items of a large inventory between bags takes incredibly longer than it should..
An option for tooltip-delay would also be really handy, as this plagues DOS2 where tooltips really get in the way a lot when you're navigating a large inventory they just spam your screen and cover the items.

Last edited by fixxer; 09/10/20 11:49 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I wouldn't say it's clunky and aweful. It's about like it is in most isometric RPGs I have played. It can stay how it is and still be fine. It would be a nice QoL improvement, but I'd rather see them focusing on new content and bug fixes, and save any QoL inventory improvements for later, especially when they aren't as bad as whoever you are talking to is making it out to be.

journeyman
journeyman
They could go a long way to fix it if you could interact with equipped items on the same screen as the inventory.

G
stranger
stranger
G
As a horder who picks up everything thats worth at least 1 gold, and sells it to a merchant, then kills that merchant and goes to the next merchant, i really want us to be able to select multipul items at once to move, either in to bags, sending to storage, or selling to a merchant....whom might die soon

journeyman
journeyman
One other little thing is that it seems like there's an area around the edge of the icon that doesn't count as a click if you're trying to drag an item around; you have to click more towards the middle. It makes moving stuff little bit more fiddly than it should be. And yeah, I agree with the suggestion of mutiple item selection and movement. There are console games that let you multi-select items and then apply a command to all of them (delete, sell, move, etc) so if you can have that in a game with a controller, it seems odd not to with a mouse. Though, damn, with all the things people are saying about how the game is too different from things in BG1&2, I never want to go back to their level of inventory management... Having to manually stack up all your sling and bow ammo was a nightmare.

Last edited by Kingslayer; 09/10/20 03:36 PM.
D
D
Originally Posted by Dulany67
They could go a long way to fix it if you could interact with equipped items on the same screen as the inventory.

This is my only complaint with the inventory system. Otherwise it's perfectly fine, maybe the ability to select multiple items to mass-move from one inventory to another, but the inventory already provides sorting and filtering options. Not much else is really needed.

Also "I don't own BG but other people" yeah maybe try it yourself before you determine whether or not it has a major flaw.

Link Copied to Clipboard