Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fugly Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Little disclaimer before you throw me to the wolves.
I love the game and i know you need to take advantages but you cant always do that in this game!

So now.

Most of my gameplay so far is starting a fight.
Miss 90% of my spells reload and try again.
it's getting a bit annoying when i need to do that with almost every fight.
i get when i have a boss fight that SHIT GET ROUGH.
but even the normal fights. 80% hit chance.. MISS 90% hit chance MISS. They cast.. your DEAD.
Reload..... Try again.. die again.. Reload.. Try again.. Success.. Next fight.. Repeat.

Again all i wanna say.. i know its true to D&D rules.. but i really think for this game it needs tweaking!!! or at least some settings

veteran
veteran
I agree. It feels like you're missing too often and the enemies are hitting more consistently. I think tweaking things so that you hit a little more consistently would feel better from a gameplay perspective.

Fugly Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Not only that.. I'm dying in 1 / 2 hits.. and if i hit.. i do no more then 1 / 4 damage unless i get e critical. For now enemies are hitting way to hard and some player abilities way to less

addict
addict
I’m not really experiencing that - sure you do miss and at lower levels but I’m not having the extreme issues you seem to be getting - you using buff spells much? Bless, aid, bane etc ?

Last edited by Tarorn; 09/10/20 06:20 PM.
stranger
stranger
Yeah I am experiencing missing a lot too, even for 95% hit chances. I know people will say that this is the nature of dice rolls but I question whether the pseudorandom number generator that is being used is unbiased.

apprentice
apprentice
Agree. missing way too often on 90% to hit and mobs/npc are hitting way too often on hits change below 30%.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah.. needs to be seriously adjusted. 100% hit change with True Strike on target... swing.....and.....MISS :-O

stranger
stranger
Mobs also seem to be doing more damage than should actually be possible with their stats. For instance, Priestess Gut hit one of my characters with a rank 1 guiding bolt and did 36 damage, non-crit. Assuming she even had 20 wisdom (she doesn't) it'd at most be 4d6+5, 29 damage maximum. Meanwhile, my cleric with 18 wisdom either just flat out misses every guiding bolt or hits for like <10 damage :P

Last edited by lothos88; 09/10/20 09:41 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard