Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684117 09/10/20 04:32 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It's part of the magic. Having some crazy low stats and some crazy high stats, or just generally decent stats and placing them on the ability scores is just... I mean, I already wrote it, but it's part of the magic.

stranger
stranger
Yeah i agree that, but i think larian studios will create this option without our attention, because this is one of the main features in d&d

apprentice
apprentice
No, totally pointless feature. People will just reroll constantly until they get something they want.

Standard Array // Point Buy are all I let my players use for TT these days for that exact reason. It can only go really well, really badly, or a mixture of the two. That is why point buy and standard array exist.

stranger
stranger
I forget where I saw it, but they said that it'll be point buy for EA and they're looking into adding rolling for stats.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I disagree. Point buy leads to making interesting choices for your character. The only point in rolling is to roll OP stats so you can make a mary sue/gary stue character. (lets be honest noone is gonna be like "oh looks like I got a bad roll, I guess Ill keep that and not reroll till my fingers bleed and I have three 18s" wink

Also there will very quickly pop up mods for those who wants to max all stats so even someone who wants an OP main char will be able to play the game like that.

Banned
Banned
I also disagree. Point buy is much better. If you add rolling you get overpowered characters being the norm, which means you have to balance the game with overpowered characters in mind.

Link Copied to Clipboard