Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#685066 10/10/20 01:07 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So I've noticed that many of my characters have a Strength or Dexterity of 16. When they successfully attack an enemy, the damage die (let's say 1d8) should be 1d8+3. So even if the die roll was a 1 that would make it 4 minimum. Instead, they dealing 2 damage total.
Hopefully this will be fixed but definitely an annoying glitch.
I hope we get an option to see dice rolls totals and everything.

Last edited by MasterRoo09; 10/10/20 01:08 AM.
X
stranger
stranger
X
I really like the idea of the roll showing as the natural number, and then the bonuses sort of floating into the die and as they make contact with it re-writing the number in a glowing modified number

stranger
stranger
MasterRoo9, if you open the combat log and hover over/select the roll it will should you the calculation. Most of the imps have damage resistance so a damage roll of 4 will become a 2.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Quite possibly they have damage resistance, which halves incoming damage of that type.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just double checked, imp & quasit have a good set of resistances and immunity so make those two really powerful! I already knew why I liked my Imp Familiar. smile

stranger
stranger
Also I find it handy to examine enemy's. All the information is there before you attack. smile

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Pop out the combat log. Hover over the damage. A lot of things have resistance.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Silly me, I didn't notice the arrows on the left that would pull up the combat log.
Yes, Imps to in 5e have damage resistance

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
All good. It's best to bring everything up in EA, and see what others have found.

Link Copied to Clipboard