So you use a lot of proximity triggers in this game, and they totally ruin save games somehow. On two different occasions I got terrible rolls for a dialogue, reloaded closer to the trigger but far enough away not to accidentally set it off in order to try again (its not a real game, I just want to see the successful options) and instead of getting the triggered event I ended up with failed environments. The first instance this happened was Waymeet's Rest (I think that is what its called), where you are supposed to save people in the burning building (failed the DC 4 Investigation check at least a dozen times) and by the time I passed everyone inside was dead and all the guards who had been by the door were instead milling about -which I hadn't been paying attention to until it was too late. Because I only use one save game, (closest auto save is 14 hours old, making it totally useless) there isn't anything I can do. I wrote this off as just bad luck and the consequence of save scumming, but there is something really insulting about failing a DC 4 check.

The second instance is the Zent Hideout where I repeatedly failed a DC 7 persuasion check (again, like ten times in a row) and finally made a save right before the proctor and. . .She never proc'd again. Now I am stuck trying to find a way to her that doesn't involve setting the entire place on fire, which seems like it might compromise any chance to trade with her. And again, one save, no way to roll back and try something different. Its been about an hour of this now, my favorite moment was teleporting to the landing with the ladder directly below her and watching the entire place explode below despite neither I, nor the removed party, coming close enough to trip anything

Its early access, I get things like disarming traps aren't going to work perfectly, but I don't see how static save games becoming corrupted with results which haven't taken place yet can happens at all.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 10/10/20 03:15 AM.