Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#685278 10/10/20 04:14 AM
Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Man have you ever been on a blind date? You show up thinking, him she's cute this could go great. Then they treat the waitress like crap and cant stop talking about their ex. Wait it gets worse then she goes into the bathroom and is taking a bump of coke and comes back jazzed up, and spotting Nazi level hate.....

That's what these two woman are like. I mean really I get back to the camp after saving the day with Tieflings and they both taunt me....you could have had this.......really, I would have dropped these ladies long before the check arrived. Give us someone remotely likeable.......

That said me and Wyll are Bro's good companion.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Frankly BG3 is not a dating simulator.
I enjoy both female companions. Their lines very well written, taking their background.
Also, thank god there about 50/50 good/evil companions provided. I hate when game goes with all but one evil companion, with everyone hating you, if play yourself as an evil character.

Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
We have the choice of edgy teenage psychopath or evil alien. I'm not big on RPG romances but a somewhat sane option would be nice.
However, just friends with Wyll aint bad.

Joined: Oct 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Oct 2020
Again these 5 companions are not the only companions in the game, nor are they going to be the only companions in EA please test what you have now before asking for new stuff.

You will get more classes, more companions, more races, and more features added to early access so just test what you have in front of you and wait.

Last edited by Gothfather; 10/10/20 05:03 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Both female companion have worst women personalities that are possible. Both of them have lust of power, are self-righteous, arrogant, insensitive, serpentine. They are more like devils than human beeing. Those are womans who in Tinder app have "Men start from 180+ cm".

Joined: Oct 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Gothfather
Again these 5 companions are not the only companions in the game, nor are they going to be the only companions in EA please test what you have now before asking for new stuff.

You will get more classes, more companions, more races, and more features added to early access so just test what you have in front of you and wait.


How do you know there will be more companions? I don't catch every news, so I'm asking, because I'd love to get more companions as Gale and Wyll (I guess, because I still did not add him) are the only ones I really like.

Joined: Jul 2017
Location: USA
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: USA
Originally Posted by ZawiszaTheBlack
Originally Posted by Gothfather
Again these 5 companions are not the only companions in the game, nor are they going to be the only companions in EA please test what you have now before asking for new stuff.

You will get more classes, more companions, more races, and more features added to early access so just test what you have in front of you and wait.


How do you know there will be more companions? I don't catch every news, so I'm asking, because I'd love to get more companions as Gale and Wyll (I guess, because I still did not add him) are the only ones I really like.



Because they have explicitly said so multiple times in interviews/panels. Latest was from the Panel from Hell, where they said the 5 companions they are starting EA with are the evil/neutral ones because they want people testing the "Evil" stuff out for data.

Joined: Dec 2017
F
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
F
Joined: Dec 2017
For centuries women have been disregarded as "soft" and "docile", this is the pendulum swinging in the other direction.

Give it a few decades and we will have games with men and women being truly equal. But we're not there, yet.


Larian, please improve QoL / UX.

And give us Halsin as companion, please.
Joined: Oct 2020
M
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
M
Joined: Oct 2020
How odd, I really like my 2 female companions. Laz'eal was a complete jerk when we met again outside of the Mind Flayer ship.....but by our second night at camp we're actually getting along much better (I do wonder if we'd get along even better if I was also playing a Githyanki?)

Darkheart is also easy to get along with. After I got talking with Gale, I went to chat with Darkheart & she says "I didn't mean to overhear your conversation.....well, I did but.....". Refreshingly honest & delightfully cheeky.
Seriously, I don't know how you guys are treating your companions, but you're clearly treating them extremely poorly by comparison.

That said, I do hope we are going to get additional Male & Female companions to choose from in the 2nd & 3rd acts of the game.

Last edited by MarcHicks; 10/10/20 06:03 AM.
Joined: Oct 2020
L
member
Offline
member
L
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Sloane Hardtower
Man have you ever been on a blind date? You show up thinking, him she's cute this could go great. Then they treat the waitress like crap and cant stop talking about their ex. Wait it gets worse then she goes into the bathroom and is taking a bump of coke and comes back jazzed up, and spotting Nazi level hate.....

That's what these two woman are like. I mean really I get back to the camp after saving the day with Tieflings and they both taunt me....you could have had this.......really, I would have dropped these ladies long before the check arrived. Give us someone remotely likeable.......

That said me and Wyll are Bro's good companion.
Seems like Larian did a good job if you're having the same problems with them as you have with real life women.

Joined: Jun 2020
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
Joined: Jun 2020
Well I have no issues with both women, but I would also much prefer balance in games, something for everyone, whilst having all potential female romance partners good aligned as with most games would seem lopsided, in BG3 having both of them evil is equally lopsided. Hope that upon full release there will be a few more potential companions that are good aligned that wouldn't be all disapproval when I want to help someone.

Joined: Sep 2015
N
old hand
Offline
old hand
N
Joined: Sep 2015
The starting companions in EA are either evil or neutral. If you want the lovely waifu who blushes when you tell her she has lovely eyes, wait until next year. Good alignment chicks will be in.

Joined: Oct 2020
J
stranger
Offline
stranger
J
Joined: Oct 2020
Both female companion work very well from my point of view. A few hours into the game and I already hate Lae'zel with a passion and I'm intrigued/disgusted with Shadowheart. Which means, they provoke an emotional reaction in me as player. My current problem is more like, that every NPCs so far provokes at the very least a mixed or negative reaction and I can't see myself romancing (or playing) any of them.

Joined: Oct 2020
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Oct 2020
To be honest as a female player I satisfied my options. Gale the funny guy, Astarion the sweet talker bad guy and at last Wyll the typical hero type... of course they all have more layer than that, but I see female companions are sharing and more complicated at first and would be nice a "typical" lovable character. Even if I don't want to romance it see whats the problem and complain many others.
+1 And yes later will be more companions in the game, so there is hope .

Last edited by zsuszi; 10/10/20 08:27 AM.
Joined: Mar 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Mar 2020
Again...

THERE WILL BE NICER ORIGIN CHARACTERS LATER IN EA/RELEASE!!

Larian did confirm in multiple places that the current roster of characters is purely on the more evil side so that they can see how people play with them.

If you want a nice goody 2 shoes, you will be in luck, just going to have to wait.

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
I really don't have to have Astasrion, Lae'Zel or Shadowhearth in my party. So I stop testing alpha build because game feels like torment for me. I hate spending time with those characters they are very rude to me and every one who I want help! Even in real life I avoid such people. Mabe if I want to make really evil character when I will play 5 or 6 times but not on start.

Last edited by Rouoko; 10/10/20 08:20 AM.
Joined: Aug 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Aug 2020
Honestly, compared to Hate'Zel (let's be honest, she hates everything you do unless you want to kill everything, then she's happy) and EdgeLordHeart (she's pretty much a tiny bit nicer Lae who's not as blood thirsty) - Astarion feels like an angel, a very selfish angel but still. In my optinion Lae is unreasonably aggressive, but then again, she's a githyanki, they tend to be very single minded and ... quite ignorant to the art of persuasion. Hell, Lae really reminds me of all the githyanki you meet in Neverwinter Nights 2... 'All hail the lich queen!', 'You say a bad word about my lich queen, you DIE!!!' and all that good stuff. At least you can keep Lae in line... more or less. For now anyway. I just finished my EA with a seldarine drow cleric of Eilistraee, so I didn't really take Shadowheart along, nor did I bring Wyll, for sure I will never take Lae with me ever again unless I plan to roleplay a super evil douche who lacks braincells to engage in conversations, y'know, kill-on-sight kind of person.

I have to say, I generally play the goody-two-shoe types and I did take Astarion with me, and... he sorta grew on me. A+ voice acting. He really reminds me of another romancable character (and one of my favorites of all time) from NWN2, Mask of the Betrayer, Gann, now I wonder where Astarion's romance will go. Will he have as much depth as Gann had? Will he actually fall in love with our characters or is he just gonna use us as portable blood supply and pleasure 'slaves' for as long as he can and then stab us in the back? Now Gann was an extremely self-obsessed narcissistic douche bag (when you first met him), but as the game progressed, when you actually got to know him, there were certain cracks in this image he was portraying. And in the end, Gann changed, learned to value someone else over himself, regardless of whichever path was taken, good, evil or neutral. Overall real good stuff.

Anyway, 'tis time to give Shadow and Wyll a good go with a wizard, er, mage I'm planning to create... my fav D&D class being sorcerer so, gotta learn all the spells available a bit better before I get my beloved sorc back!

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Rouoko
Both female companion have worst women personalities that are possible. Both of them have lust of power, are self-righteous, arrogant, insensitive, serpentine. They are more like devils than human beeing. Those are womans who in Tinder app have "Men start from 180+ cm".

...or the best.

I personally wouldn't switch those two.
Lae'zel is a githyanki, and whom else would you want in the party, when main story plot is illithids?.. (well, perhaps githzerai, but those not in game).
Shadowheart intriguing just for mere reason she is...
[SPOILERS]
...freaking cleric of Shar. Those are very hard to find in Forgotten Realms. Generally because they don't want to be found. And having one in your own party is such a treasure lore-wise!


Once again, some ppl seems mistaken Baldur's Gate 3 with dating simulator.
It's an RPG. RPGs meant to provide good story and lore content.
Good in terms well written, and not in terms "hey, that's a such nice character, we probably would be a best friends IRL!"

If anything, i hope Larian would provide more characters like Lae'zel and Shadowheart in future.
Gale is ok, mostly. Wyll however is such a cliche hero, and i just found him utterly boring... (though now he is dead, so... good riddance!)

Joined: Aug 2020
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Aug 2020
Originally Posted by Redwyrm
Wyll however is such a cliche hero, and i just found him utterly boring... (though now he is dead, so... good riddance!)


I haven't seen a lot of Wyll yet, I messed up part of his quest early on, but I've seen hints of things that, combined with how cliched and dramatic he is, make me think that his whole thing is somewhat of an act. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't, but that's what I'm suspecting so it might be worth digging deeper with im next time around.

Joined: Sep 2017
member
Offline
member
Joined: Sep 2017
Ah yes. The moment a woman isn't overly polite and accomodating, she's perceived as 'difficult'.
I wonder what your idea of 'easy' is then. Eh, maybe I don't wanna know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5