Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#685505 10/10/20 07:44 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
An attack of opportunity or an attack from an enemy does NOT take away a character's attack in 5E RAW! This is complete and utter BULLSHIT and how the HELL that made it from testing is beyond me. This needs removed ASAP as this is a game breaking BUG that completely destroys player agency and screws up any combat.

Screw this crap, fix the goddamn BASE GAME MECHANICS AT LEAST!

I don't normally go off like this, but this is crap! How did this simple bug pass QA? Don't turn into BUGthesda, come the hell on.

Silent Cetra #686888 10/10/20 08:48 PM
P
P
Wait, what? I've not seen this happen. Can you describe more specifically?

Silent Cetra #686990 10/10/20 09:27 PM
addict
addict
I've yet to see this. Also, this should have been posted on the bug portion of the forums.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Postwave #687000 10/10/20 09:33 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Postwave
Wait, what? I've not seen this happen. Can you describe more specifically?

Me neiter.
Beside that, even if it was confirmed and it needs a fix, the alarmed tone of the OP seems a bit overkill, to not say absolutely unnecessary.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Silent Cetra #687005 10/10/20 09:36 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Q&A? Now really, you can't expect that in Early Access. There will be bugs and placeholder solutions.

We can help, pointing them out politely, that's why we are here: to test.

Keep the screams for after Release, if the bugs are still there. And maybe even then, being friendly is more useful.

Silent Cetra #687025 10/10/20 09:49 PM
I just saw a post on Reddit (in a much more calm way), explain this as well. Basically they go to attack the enemy, but when they enter their space the enemy attacks them as an OA, and then their action point is spent and they can't attack at all. This should definitely get reported to Larian.

Silent Cetra #689127 11/10/20 08:05 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
I´ve had a similar thing happen to me - while I was in the fight inside the temple of Selûne, where Gut the priestess is - I apparently rolled a natural 20 ( critical hit ) and the boss goblin retaliated, my damage was negated, as in did 0 damage aswell as the goblin´s retaliation, that is to say... There where no numbers up on the screen just me swinging him for a critical and he retaliating animation but we where both at full health still after the round - this spun into a huge bug fest after that, as Gut cast a telekinetic blast on one of the statues that crumbled ontop of 2 of my characters and 3 goblins, that resulted in thouse 5 characters not being able to attack for the remainder of the encounter until I gave up and loaded a saved game 5 minutes prior to that fight.

Silent Cetra #689257 11/10/20 09:08 PM
addict
addict
There are a lot of bugs in the game and a lot of things feel rushed and unfinished because it's EARLY ACCESS. In other words, this game is not finished yet, they are still developing it. They released it early so that the players can give them feedback. From what I have been researching, this game is going to be huge. It's being reported that this game is currently the size of 75 Baldur's Gate 2 and that game was 3 GB. If you do the math, that is HUGE! Each chapter is about 25 hours and if BG3 has 4 chapters maybe more, that's about 100 hours of content or more. Definitely an rpg game.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard