Next Thread
Print Thread
#685572 10/10/20 08:26 AM
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Granted, its been a while since I played anything D&D orientated, but I feel the "charm person" mechanic is wrong (Unless it changed in 5Ed?). I charmed a creature but it still attacked other members of my party. Ok, it didn't attack the charmer, but seriously what's the point of that?

Last time I remember when you charm a creature it fights with you (Party included) against your enemies, not you friends LOL!

morganthebear #685575 10/10/20 08:27 AM
addict
addict
I think it's only friendly to the person that charmed it. Now, obv in tabletop you can communicate and be like "don't attack my allies" or w/e if the DM allows, but can't do that in the game.

M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks.

I do recall though that in Baldur's Gate 2 when you charmed an enemy it attacked the party enemies like normal...? Anyhoo 🤷‍♂️😊

morganthebear #701023 16/10/20 01:58 AM
B
stranger
stranger
B
yeah i totally expected it to have the charmed tgt fight with me, or able ot control them or something. seems like a useless spell right now.

morganthebear #701025 16/10/20 01:59 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by morganthebear
Granted, its been a while since I played anything D&D orientated, but I feel the "charm person" mechanic is wrong (Unless it changed in 5Ed?). I charmed a creature but it still attacked other members of my party. Ok, it didn't attack the charmer, but seriously what's the point of that?

Last time I remember when you charm a creature it fights with you (Party included) against your enemies, not you friends LOL!

I have been disappointed by it. I turned into a drow, unstoned a drow, charmed her, and she attacked me. Wtf. Pure scripted social interactions that I can tell. :\

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
morganthebear #701030 16/10/20 02:02 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Charmed

A charmed creature can’t Attack the charmer or target the charmer with harmful Abilities or magical Effects.
The charmer has advantage on any ability check to interact socially with the creature.

Link Copied to Clipboard