Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#685707 10/10/20 10:07 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
After playing the game sometime one thing I found annoying that during dialogue we cannot utilize the skill proficiency of companions in any way i.e. cannot bring them to help. It was same like DOS 1 and DOS 2. Devs should look into this. They may develop a system where the main character can call other companions to help during Dialogue when their approval rating is high. Secondly Need some option to hide the helmet during conversation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
There should indeed be a way for companions to pitch in or do something else than just stand there in silence and ''watch'' us do our thing. I could count all the 'pitch in'/'interrupts' of the companions on the fingers of my both hands and they usually do that when you interact with someone connected to their backstories... Kinda sad.

veteran
veteran
And they're literally standing right there behind you lol.

It shouldn't even have to do with their approval rating. If there's an Arcana check to be made, Gale should interject out of sheer curiosity.

But it is really annoying my Rogue has to do History and Arcana checks when there's a Wizard companion standing right behind him.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Preferably, it would be possible to switch between all characters during all parts of the dialogue.
If not that, then if you have an companion who is proficient in the skill required in your party, you should get advantage on the roll. It's only natural that they help back you up in dialogue.

Link Copied to Clipboard