Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39
Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
I find that the Elf suffers greatly when placed next to the Dwarf; the Elf barely clears the Dwarf's height (Elves are frequently shorter than Humans, but they're clearly taller than Dwarves) and the disparity between their builds is almost comical. The other NSFW example of D&D races showcases differences, but those differences aren't nearly as exaggerated.
Personaly i thought that is a Half-Elf. laugh

But yes, Dwarf is a little bigger here than it should be, but this topic is about elves so i was focusing on them. smile

At the end of the day, I'm simply uninterested in Humans, Elves and Half-Elves consistently portrayed as all sharing the same basic height.

Joined: Oct 2020
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Oct 2020
Everytime I see that male elf preset with a trapezoidal prism jaw still cracks me up after all this time. A bit like the ma-hoosive hands on the smaller races, I mean they must be 30% of the body mass of gnomes.

It would be nice if an attempt was made at accurate race models but I don't see it happening. Larian did a great job in DOS2 making races different but they took a running leap backwards with BG3. At this point I think they will be trying to complete the game this side of 2030 if in 6 months a new room and a class that was technically already in the code on release is the extent of the progress. <<< This being the actual evidence of progress not conjecture and psychotic optimism.

Expectations low, very low in fact. It would be nice to be surprised but at this point BG3 is a meme to me.

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
[Linked Image from nme.com]

Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Everytime I see that male elf preset with a trapezoidal prism jaw still cracks me up after all this time. A bit like the ma-hoosive hands on the smaller races, I mean they must be 30% of the body mass of gnomes.

If you are referring to the particular model I have in mind, yikes...how the hell did the developers not notice that elf looks like a stereotypical Californian surfer dude frown?

Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
It would be nice if an attempt was made at accurate race models but I don't see it happening. Larian did a great job in DOS2 making races different but they took a running leap backwards with BG3. At this point I think they will be trying to complete the game this side of 2030 if in 6 months a new room and a class that was technically already in the code on release is the extent of the progress. <<< This being the actual evidence of progress not conjecture and psychotic optimism.

Expectations low, very low in fact. It would be nice to be surprised but at this point BG3 is a meme to me.

Will mountains be moved? Will water be turned into wine? I doubt either outcome. My goal is to keep this thread alive so that we can hear from more players down the line. Still, should any positive development occur as a result of our collective critique, that will be better than the status quo.

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
[Linked Image from obscurevideogames.files.wordpress.com]

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

[Linked Image from 13thhr.files.wordpress.com]

[Linked Image from secure.diary.ru]

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Lately i just cant help the feeling that this topic deevolved into cheap "post any image of elf you cand find" ... smirk
Kinda shame i liked the original purpose. -_-


Vive et vivant. wink
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
Dez Offline
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Sweden
I have stared at that cat's face (picture 3) for about 2 minutes, and I cannot unsee Trinket's face from episode 2 of The Legend of Vox Machina (the animation) when Trinket is glaring at Scanlan when he is heading down the stairs after telling Vex that he also has a great plan ...

I really love the style of the 4th picture though!


Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
Joined: Oct 2020
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the guy is walking behind/beside the horse?


Optimistically Apocalyptic
Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Lately i just cant help the feeling that this topic deevolved into cheap "post any image of elf you cand find" ... smirk
Kinda shame i liked the original purpose. -_-

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

Occasionally posting apposite artwork is preferable to dropping mere "bumps". If you have something meaningful to contribute, then, by all means...share it with the class.; the discussion is still open.

Originally Posted by Dez
I cannot unsee Trinket's face from episode 2 of The Legend of Vox Machina (the animation) when Trinket is glaring at Scanlan when he is heading down the stairs after telling Vex that he also has a great plan ...

It's all Swee...er, Greek to me confused smile.

Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the guy is walking behind/beside the horse?

I can see your point-of-view if I squint (the foot free of the stirrup helps bolster that interpretation), but, once I stop, my perception of the scene immediately shifts back to "Elf astride a horse.".

Joined: Oct 2020
member
Offline
member
Joined: Oct 2020
Originally Posted by Dexai
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the guy is walking behind/beside the horse?

It looks like one of those "centaur disguised as a horse and rider" pics to me laugh

Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
Occasionally posting apposite artwork is preferable to dropping mere "bumps".
True ...
I was more wondering about reason.

You know what i mean right?
This topic exists for 1,5 year allready ... is there really a chance that nobody from Larian noticed yet?
We dont get any response in litteraly any topic on this forum ... so wishing for that seems also false.
We were allready told that we will get more customisation options when the game comes out ...
And during that last year and half not even one model was changed ...
Also we know that Larian isnt "modeling the faces from 0" ... they are scanning regular human faces ...
And finaly, sory for saying that, but those pictures hardly adds anything to the topic ... so they basicaly are just *bump*s ... at best some of them prooves that Elves indeed somwtimes are nothing but humans with pointy ears.

Now that said dont take this as any effort to forbid you posting those im well aware that i have no desire nor the autority to do that ...
You can take it as thinking out loud.

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 02/02/22 07:56 AM.

Vive et vivant. wink
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Oct 2020
Location: Liberec
Originally Posted by Ragitsu
I'm still curious to see what other people think on the subject.
Oh me too ...
That is why it seems sad to me that allways i see here new coments, its just "yet another picture with elf". :-/


Vive et vivant. wink
Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
We were allready told that we will get more customisation options when the game comes out ...
And during that last year and half not even one model was changed ...

Isn't BG3 still a ways off from it's final full release? Yes, my personal view on this aspect of the game's development leans towards pessimistic, but, as someone once said: "It ain't over till it's over.". By the way, even if the outcome is a foregone conclusion, my curiosity to discover what other people think on the subject is undiminished. Do they hold similar opinions? What were their observations like? For all we know, there could even be (quality) modifications in the works.

Ultimately, while I'm not enthusiastic about L's direction, I remain positive about the fan discussion.

Joined: Feb 2022
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Feb 2022
Absolutely agree with this, and this is the ONLY reason I'm going high half-elf instead of high elf. I want a delicate male elf (see my profile picture), not Chad McLargeHuge with a jaw that could cut glass. Extremely goofy choice in my opinion, one that could be remedied by simply allowing half-elf faces on elves, or adding new faces with some diversity.


O do not run too fast, for I will but bespeak thy grave, and die.
Joined: Oct 2020
journeyman
Offline
journeyman
Joined: Oct 2020
They are, but...for different reason

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
Originally Posted by raburi
I want a delicate male elf (see my profile picture), not Chad McLargeHuge with a jaw that could cut glass.

[Linked Image from dhs1n389ze6jv.cloudfront.net]

grin.

Originally Posted by arion
They are, but...for different reason

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Is that from The Rings of Power?

Joined: Nov 2020
E
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
E
Joined: Nov 2020
Yes it is. To digress from the topic, I’m not surprised they went this way with the casting but it does seem to deviate from the source material. I guess you could say the same thing about Larian’s interpretation.

Joined: Jul 2021
old hand
Offline
old hand
Joined: Jul 2021
Originally Posted by Etruscan
Yes it is. To digress from the topic, I’m not surprised they went this way with the casting but it does seem to deviate from the source material. I guess you could say the same thing about Larian’s interpretation.

Tolkien's elves are, ah, different, but...can you imagine the head honchos of most film/television studios going out of their way to...

A) Cast (human) actors that look elfin/angular/willowy*?
B) Greenlight a significant budget for makeup and/or prosthetics designed to augment an elfin visage?
C) Greenlight a significant budget for targeted CGI that further augments the aforementioned makeup and prosthetics?

Sadly, I think accurately representing "true" elves will remain the purview of fully-animated works.

*IMO, with little outward modification, actors like Claire Forlani could quite easily play Half-Elves. These folks are out there.

Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5