Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi.
I've gone through the swamps, fought Ethel until she runs through the fireplace, followed her, killed her masked minions and crossed the gas pits. Once I see Mayrina in the floating cage something strange happens. I get the cage down, and Mayrina gets out, but I cannot talk to her for some reason and nothing else happens. I can go to the next room and get out of the swamps and nothing happens. No clue where Ethel is. Seems to me that talking to Mayrina should trigger something.

stranger
stranger
I just had the same bug. Ethel is not present once I got the party down to the floating cage room.

P
P
She is there but invisible. She's on the wooden planks a little ways away from the control orb. If you target an area-of-effect spell around, you'll see her circle glow, and then the AoE will make her become visible. (I hit her with create water and that was sufficient.) Then, she's still bugged and won't respond, but you can bring her down to zero hp and continue.

apprentice
apprentice
The only way of triggering a real fight with the hag, is to offer up one of your eyes. It won't really do anything though. apart from leaving one of your characters with a horrible permanent debuff. The ability point you can get, if negotiating with the Hag is placeholder.. I guess they have not finished this part yet.

journeyman
journeyman
Same thing here, Mayrina is out of the cage but mute, and nothing else happens.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by RGiskard19
Hi.
I've gone through the swamps, fought Ethel until she runs through the fireplace, followed her, killed her masked minions and crossed the gas pits. Once I see Mayrina in the floating cage something strange happens. I get the cage down, and Mayrina gets out, but I cannot talk to her for some reason and nothing else happens. I can go to the next room and get out of the swamps and nothing happens. No clue where Ethel is. Seems to me that talking to Mayrina should trigger something.

Same thing happened with me. After refusing the deal and attacking the hag, upon reaching Mayrina' cage the combat encounter with the hag does not trigger. Could not converse with the Mayrina. I even reached the arcane barrier but no encounter triggered.
https://imgur.com/a/MJKJ1gB

Last edited by SohamK90; 11/10/20 01:07 PM. Reason: Typos
M
stranger
stranger
M
[quote=RGiskard19]Hi.
I've gone through the swamps, fought Ethel until she runs through the fireplace, followed her, killed her masked minions and crossed the gas pits. Once I see Mayrina in the floating cage something strange happens. I get the cage down, and Mayrina gets out, but I cannot talk to her for some reason and nothing else happens. I can go to the next room and get out of the swamps and nothing happens. No clue where Ethel is. Seems to me that talking to Mayrina should trigger something. [/quote]

The same thing just happened to me. On my first playthrough I reach Ethel's inner sanctum and she just stood there, i was able to attack her but initiative never triggered, I killed her, took her stuff and completed the quest. I still would've liked to fight her instead of her standing.

stranger
stranger
This is my reply to a more recent post.

There are posts on reddit about this, and a video. In short, Ethel is invisible, standing on the short wood bridge (behind and slightly to the right of Mayrina when you are standing in front of her)
Just use any AoE on the bridge (I used a flame arrow - when I selected it and aimed at the bridge, a red target circle showed up) and she appears. She is also bugged and doesn't fight back
even though she is red. You are not in combat but can just attack her or shove her off the bridge to save time. Unlike the regular, unbugged fight, when she gets below 10HP, she DOES NOT
beg for her life, so you can't get the charm (it doesn't seem to give an ability point anyway), so you might as well just shove her off the bridge.

Link Copied to Clipboard