Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I just need help. I just started the game and am at level 2. I failed the charisma check to "peak" into the room Curtius guards and now I can't progress in the game anymore, he got pissed off and started attacking me. Running away didn't help. Now if I get near the entrance he blows a bugle and THE ENTIRE TOWN ATTACKS ME, EVEN THE OXEN. I can't win the battle. I tried letting 1 character at a time get killed but he summons the town to kill me with any character (I only have 2) and even when I resurrected my first character from a safe distance he IMMEDIATELY started the fight again against the resurrected character.

This is pathetic. I literally bricked this entire save just because I failed a charisma check? What the heck is going on here? I can't even go anywhere to grind levels so I can just slaughter everyone and be done with it, Curtius is Level 6 and I'm only level 2.

I wanted to enjoy this game that everyone seems to love but this is ridiculous. I feel like I just set $30 on fire. I cannot stand re-doing a bunch of stuff because of bad game design, I just cannot get into the mood to even play this game anymore if it's this easy to brick a save and destroy all your progress.

Support
Support

You don't save before stealing / trespassing? There should be a couple of auto saves before that point, at least.

Can you sneak close enough to close the warehouse door?

Can you go around through the docks, and up to the rest of town that way?

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
If I
Originally Posted by Raze

You don't save before stealing / trespassing? There should be a couple of auto saves before that point, at least.

Can you sneak close enough to close the warehouse door?

Can you go around through the docks, and up to the rest of town that way?

If that's what I was doing I would totally have saved but I was just following the dialogue tutorial. What about trying to charm someone into letting you in and failing makes them immediately go into berserker mode and try to kill you? There's no door to close, it's still locked. I ended up using a save editor to make myself near-invincible and have a ton of AP so I could just kill Curtious and the guards that came to his aid. I gave myself 50 sneak so I could get right next to him and only the people in the building came after me. Once I ran away the regular people weren't still after me.

It sucks that I had to kill him and I don't know how I'll ever open that door but it's pretty stupid that just following the basic dialogue options makes an NPC go completely berserk. It's bad roleplaying as well. If someone says, "I just wanna take a peak" you just say, "No, get lost" not "PEAK? PEAK AT THIS SWORD DOWN YOUR THROAT!", what kind of crappy psyche screening is this town doing on their guards?

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard