Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello there!

My husband and I have been anxiously anticipating the release of this game and we are so thrilled it's finally here and that we get to be a part of this development process!

The plan, at this point, is to post weekly as we progress through the game and share feedback and/or bugs that we encounter throughout gameplay. We intend on playing through it at least twice, so there should be quite a few weeks of feedback from us.

So here is what I've got for Week 1 bugs:

1) Cannot equip 2 weapons on rogue - I tried using the toggle at the bottom of the screen and I tried dragging and dropping on Astarion, double-clicking, right clicking... all it does is replace the current weapon, it does not allow him to dual wield. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not, but if we're following 5e rules I don't believe there's a feat for dual wield, and anyone should be able to? (Could be wrong!)

2) Cannot listen if stealthed - If you are stealthed and one of your party members begins a conversation, you cannot listen in on it while you are stealthed. It does kind of defeat the purpose of stealthing and sneaking up, if you can't listen in, because that might be the whole point of stealthing in the first place. As soon as we brought the stealthed characters out of stealth, they were able to listen in on the conversation being had.

3) When we logged in and brought Lae'Zel into our party while at camp, her inventory was there when I hit "I" but nothing showed up in it. Things would disappear from my inventory and the weight would change for both of us, but the items themselves would not show up in her inventory at all. The next day, when we logged in, it worked just fine. I suspect it was likely a bug but haven't tried changing out characters again to test it (sorry, I am sure it would be useful to replicate the problem, but we only get a few hours of gameplay a night and don't want to miss out on anything lol).

4) After we finished the fight with the goblins outside of the druid encampment, a cut scene started to play, but then stopped itself (nobody pressed anything). Then suddenly we were fighting "good guy" NPCs and we didn't understand why - it was almost as if conversations were had for us and it ended poorly. We still have no clue what happened there or why.

5) Character's mouths don't always move during conversations - especially right at the beginning, but I've seen it throughout conversations as well. Where his/her mouth will be moving just fine and then the next sentence they're ventriloquist experts. I realize this would likely be fixed with the actual release of the game, but I wanted to be thorough in my reporting.

6) In the scene within the Druid camp where 3 tieflings are arguing about whether or not they should be leaving to Baldur's Gate or staying to support the druids and other refugees, once of the options was supposed to say "Race" (I play a tiefling), but said "Rare" instead

7) **The first couple nights of gameplay, we did not experience this bug, but last night it happened consistently** Cut scenes have stopped playing fully. It'll get to the last portion of it and then just cuts off and we are missing out on story which makes me sad because this has been so enjoyable!

I think that's all I've got for this week, but if something else comes up I'll add it here.

I do really hope this feedback helps! If we find time to try to test out some of these to replicate the bugs, I'll comment on this thread and let you know if we were able to. Otherwise, I'll try to be as detailed as possible so that you all can try.

Thanks!!

stranger
stranger
1) Without the dual wielding feat, the second weapon has to be light, and just to make sure, it's the weapon slot underneath the first weapon, not the where most people would assume, on the other side of your character (where the bow goes.)

3) Happened to us as well, restarting fixed it, and we didn't see this until the latest patch, but that doesn't mean it wasn't occurring before.

4) Stuff like this happens all the time, we just shrug and move on, chalk it up to one of a million bugs still needing to be worked out.

5) Agreed, along with textures loading slowly etc... it probably has to do with them trying to optimize load times with individual pc performance. I don't have enough room on my ssd, but I imagine it would be a lot better.

6) Spelling? Fireable offense. smile

V
stranger
stranger
V
There's A LOT of polish needed for this game. It's somewhat insulting for a $60 AAA title to have so many graphical glitches and gameplay glitches. I guess this is what passes for "Early Access" these days.

Link Copied to Clipboard