Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by WarChiefZeke
Most of them are called Illuskans, or Northlanders, and are fair skinned. Calishites, Chultans, etc. are not. From what i've seen of the game easily more than half of the humans are from somewhere other than the Sword Coast. Just like there being hordes of tieflings, it makes no sense, only it's worse because there's no good explanation.

Not that I expect them to care or change it. "Representation" is mandatory in western culture nowadays.

Exactly ... what throws me off is that if i choose human character, it is "by default" black skinned ... because ... virtue signalling and BLM bullshit apparently ... This "diversity" at all costs and people still calling for it makes me puke ...

I dont care about ones color ... what I do care about though, is about is forcing someones agenda, ignoring context, lore and/or history (while pretending the opposite when making leaps of logic to justify that)

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Dulany67

But honestly, does it matter at all? Drow are fine, but you draw the line at black people?

I think there is a major difference here ... and besides, ppl are getting tired of constant blackwashing nowadays ...

journeyman
journeyman
Hey now, this is D&D. Your character can be racist for reasons that actually make sense. Be a Drow and hate every hue of the human rainbow.

Originally Posted by Pan_Kalich
Most of them are called Illuskans, or Northlanders, and are fair skinned. Calishites, Chultans, etc. are not. From what i've seen of the game easily more than half of the humans are from somewhere other than the Sword Coast. Just like there being hordes of tieflings, it makes no sense, only it's worse because there's no good explanation.

Not that I expect them to care or change it. "Representation" is mandatory in western culture nowadays.

Exactly ... what throws me off is that if i choose human character, it is "by default" black skinned ... because ... virtue signalling and BLM bullshit apparently ... This "diversity" at all costs and people still calling for it makes me puke ...

I dont care about ones color ... what I do care about though, is about is forcing someones agenda, ignoring context, lore and/or history (while pretending the opposite when making leaps of logic to justify that)

Why does it matter at all what the character creator defaults to? It is completely your choice to change it, that's the point of the character creator. You and WarChiefZeke also seem to be ignoring everyone stating there are only 2 black characters in all of act 1.

old hand
old hand
Fucking seriously??

M
M
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by porrage
Originally Posted by Emrikol
"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It."

Sadly, something that seems to have been forgotten by far too many these days.

My eyes just rolled so far into the back of my skull. I'm not saying the OP doesn't have a right to speech. I'm exercising my right to call out what I perceive to be bigoted nonsense.

You dident. Clanpot on the other hand...

Oh, fancy that, a racist with poor spelling & grammar. Tell me, is racism & low education a package deal?

W
veteran
veteran
W
The default human being black triggers you? Get help.

M
M
So WarChiefZeke isn't just a Toxic Fanbois Gate-keeper, he's a racist to boot. No surprise his comment has brought all the other insecure rednecks out of the woodwork. So many trolls to ignore, so little time.

M
M
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Racists are the most easily triggered Snowflakes I have ever come across.

W
veteran
veteran
W
Originally Posted by MarcHicks

Seriously. It’s pathetic.

Last edited by Warlocke; 11/10/20 12:30 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Emrikol
"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It."

Sadly, something that seems to have been forgotten by far too many these days.

The quote is seemingly about fighting repression, needless imprisonment, fascism, authoritarian, etc.

This fictional quote from Evelyn Beatrice Hall, the true author of that sentence (but inspired by Voltaire), does not mean Voltaire would not express outright disagreement, maybe even insult someone... The quote does not mean we should not react and counteract.

In that spirit, it might not be necessary to censor or block, it depends (there are limits, but here it is basically about Forgotten Realms lore/concepts, even if one can wonder why anyone would bother starting this thread).

That said, the Sword Coast is extremely mixed in races, especially the cities, Humans of all colors migrate. So, sure, a majority of Humans, among the numerous races in the Sword Coast, may have lighter skin, though no one would care about it.

Last edited by Baraz; 11/10/20 12:39 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Black adventurers exist. Get over it.

Originally Posted by Baraz
That said, the Sword Coast is extremely mixed in races, especially the cities, Humans of all colors migrate. So, sure, a majority of Humans, among the numerous races in the Sword Coast, may have lighter skin, though no one would care about it.

Tethyrians are the peoples that are described as the ones inhabiting the Sword Coast. They are described as dusky skinned, and only when you start going up north do they start getting lighter in skin tone. That means the majority of the humans in and around the Sword Coast should be brown, not white. Especially since Baldur's Gate is located on the southern part of the coast.

Last edited by dreambled; 11/10/20 12:53 AM.
Originally Posted by Pan_Kalich

what should the default skin color be my fuhrer.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by andreasrylander
Fucking seriously??

Originally Posted by Typhron
Black adventurers exist. Get over it.

Originally Posted by MarcHicks

Originally Posted by wpmaura
what should the default skin color be my fuhrer.

Bless your hearts.

Originally Posted by vometia
Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

If I see another post like that, you're banned.

As for the discussion, talking about the characters in BG is fine, letting it spill over into real-world race politics is less so, including general commentary about "woke" or not. Please try to keep that distinction in mind.

Can I just say this is some weak-willed centrist waffling. The OP is not posting in good faith. The people citing 40 year old make believe game lore to justify why it's actually okay they get mad at seeing black people on their computer screen are not posting in good faith. They are racists. Do not give them a platform under the mistaken belief their opinions have value. Take a freaking stand.

addict
addict
Ok Vometia. Even after your warning people in this thread didn't seem to take your words under consideration. May I suggest that we lock this thread.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
[quote=Postwave]From the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, emphasis added.

[quote]
I personally only saw 2 humans of colour so im not afraid that we will be overrun by the darkies or something (thats a joke before people take it seriously -_- ) but given the current politicall correct climate in alot of industries I can understand the OP not wanting that seeped into his games.

don't joke on that, if i say, " we are not invaded by whities" some people won't like it, respect the people of colour please. (i shouldn't even ask you for some respect, respect me as i can respect you) this is not a joke.

A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by clanpot

Ah yes lets thought police because someone has an opinion we dont like.....

Going to bat for someone whose opinion is "I don't like looking at minorities" isn't the hill I'd die on, but you do you.

If the default human having black skin offended you, you're a racist (the royal "you" here, not the specific you)

It isent? Compared to what, actively silencing peoples ability to voice their opinion because you dont like it?

He/she is free to voice their opinion just like you or I am to voice ours.

I give exactly 0 shits about the fact that you dont agree with the opinion and want to silence it.

Sincerely, go fuck yourself.

you are missing the point, if expressing yourself is about being intolerant to others, the tolerant ones will finally disappear because of you. the paradox of tolerance is clear.

addict
addict
The fact that this post is still up or hasn't been locked is just... wow.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
The fact that this post is still up or hasn't been locked is just... wow.

Can't wait for the inevitable Kotaku article where the Larian forums are deemed racist.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard