Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
So I've been playing evil for a bit now and so far, for the first couple of hours at least. Nobody bats an eye where I randomly murder people around me, in fact my party members seem to neither acknowledge or register it for the most part and generally speaking, if you play as devious, sneaky, mean and murdery the game conversations and scenes often fail to acknowledge this in any way. It's not all bad, there's some reactivity to being a vicious Warlock thug but it's really not a lot and it very quickly shows that you're sort of breaking the narrative logic/flow of the game. I can see why they've asked us to Do Evil because it needs more spice.

So really, this is just me saying "Go forth and Do Evil" guys, it has promise but it needs more love and feedback laugh

apprentice
apprentice
The problem is that Evil isn't even implemented in the game yet, right now you're kinda forced to go the Good way.
Lots of things still need to be added and changed, even for the first Act.
Also, I think another thing is that people who don't witness you killing people, won't know you did.

Last edited by Genky; 10/10/20 08:10 PM.
addict
addict
...I've actually found that being evil is extremely prevalent, there are a lot of opportunities to go "the bad route," and my companions have commented on it with some serious concern on multiple occasions. I've actually been almost certain that two of them were going to leave because I was just being wayyy too malicious and murderous.

I guess that's a testament to the depth of the game that we've had such different experiences.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

Originally Posted by Tzelanit
...I've actually found that being evil is extremely prevalent, there are a lot of opportunities to go "the bad route," and my companions have commented on it with some serious concern on multiple occasions. I've actually been almost certain that two of them were going to leave because I was just being wayyy too malicious and murderous.

I guess that's a testament to the depth of the game that we've had such different experiences.

Wyll straight up left me for some of my evil choices. Gale seemed surprisingly okay with it though. Shadowheart talked about feeling guilty but stuck with me.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Tzelanit

I mean there are some reactions to stuff you do inside of cutscenes but as soon as you do evil shit outside of that there's pretty much zero response to it, no comments or anything, other than mostly the narrative still follows the "default script" so to speak, which is still basically just agreeable hero yes-man.

I don't know if it's a testament to depth, I see it more as still missing something laugh
Originally Posted by Genky
The problem is that Evil isn't even implemented in the game yet, right now you're kinda forced to go the Good way.
Lots of things still need to be added and changed, even for the first Act.
Also, I think another thing is that people who don't witness you killing people, won't know you did.

I don't know if I want people who didn't witness me doing something knowing, but I definitely want the people actually witnessing it to react to it. For example, when I rescued Lae'zel I killed the two Tieflings there in cold blood (from the scripted dialogue prompt even) and even then she made absolutely zero mention of it, just did the exact same lines as if you convinced to leave or release her. That's a bit lacking I think

Edit: I mean, Shadowheart hates Lae'zel vocally if you let het her join the team, so when I murder her gruesomely she should at least have a comment about it. Just an example

Last edited by Khorvale; 10/10/20 08:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
Probably because D&D is a harsh place and outside the city pretty much anything goes

Link Copied to Clipboard