Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Figulus Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Hi ,
Just wondering wether there were skill books or if you could up STR for example every fifth or sixth level?

Yes, every 4 levels or so you get an Ability Score Improvement, where you can put +2 points any where you want, or you can substitute that for a feat. Some classes get more than others, but every class does get them.

Last edited by dreambled; 10/10/20 08:58 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
My feet stink, so I'll probably go with the attribute upgrade if it is implemented.

Since plenty of people have hit level in in EA it's either not implemented so far, or not offered until a higher level.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Ooh, I haven't hit level 4 yet, but I was expecting to get an ASI then, as according to 5E we should. I wanted to get my wizard's intelligence to 18 hehe
Perhaps Larian doesn't have their feats ready yet, we could still easily get the ASI, however.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
I can confirm that on level 4 you get two points to put in attributes, or you can choose a feat.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Every time you reach a level divisible by four, including four in any given class, you get to pick either a feat, or adding two points to your ability scores. It is worth remembering that this is not every four levels, but every fourth level in a class. So if they add multiclassing, you could reach 3 fighter / 3 rogue and have never gotten a feat or ability score increase. The other major exception to this is that fighters get this every fourth fighter level as well as sixth, twelfth, and eighteenth (I believe).

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Originally Posted by Zress
I can confirm that on level 4 you get two points to put in attributes, or you can choose a feat.

Good to know, thanks.

journeyman
journeyman
A number of feats are currently bugged.

In 5e you get ability score improvements When you reach levels 4, 8, 12, 16, and 19.

Fighter gets 2 extra ASI's as they level, and Rogue gets 1 extra.

Barbarian functions mostly the same, but at level 20 they get flat stat increases. BG3 likely won't extend that far, anyway

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard