Next Thread
Print Thread
#686974 10/10/20 09:20 PM
G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
I assume I am supposed to get the circle in the sunlight to match the pattern found on the walls around the area but for the life of me I just can't get any two of the half moons to face the same direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Ignore the "circle of light" it's a major red herring. You should be able to find a book giving a you a fairly comprehensive hint in the priestess' quarters.

old hand
old hand
all the dark in the bottom in the light and all the light at the top. I dont know if the sides matter, i might have been lucky and done it. Swapping pieces is tedious so I hope the arent crazy but there is a mural in another room that shows the ones on the sides being dark on the outside, light on the inside (iirc)

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
M
stranger
stranger
M
Lol, or just give the solution :P

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Man, I really feel stupid with this. I thought I had it figured out but I just don't understand how the parts move when you click a dial. I just can't figure out what is going to happen or how they will switch places when I turn each dial.

stranger
stranger
Ok so I'll do my best to explain this, but it's difficult in text. There's 4 separate dials, each with 4 symbols and each dial shares a symbol with the 2 adjacent tiles. you basically need to recreate the symbol of Selune which can be seen around the temple above. One of the dials has a ring of stars in the center of it, consider this the top of the symbol. They all move counter clockwise(oppose of the hands of a clock), and when you turn one, it just rotates and changes which symbol is shared with the adjacent dials.

F=Full moon(white circle), H = Half moon(black/white circle), N = New moon(black circle)

It needs to be laid out like this:

Code
  F F
H F F H
H N N H                     
  N N

Unfortunately I don't remember the starting position of the symbols, so I can't give an exact way to dial it in, but you'll want to start by getting two full moons next to each other on the top dial and then turn the disc until they're both on top, then two new moons next to each other on the bottom dial and position it so they're both on the bottom, then on the side dials, set them up like this:

Left dial:
Code
H H
N F

Right dial:
Code
N F
H H

You may have to rotate the top and bottom dials occasionally in order to get the correct symbols on the side dials, but if you do this just keep the two like symbols next to each other and turn them all the way around before moving to the next symbol. Once the sides are in the configurations shown above, turn each of the side dials once and you should get a dialog or hear some rumbling and a secret door opens up.

Note that the half-moon symbols occasionally reverse, as in the side will flop sides will swap when rotating - this is either a graphical bug, or some subtle hint about their position, but I can can confirm that the direction the half moons are facing have no impact on the puzzle solutions, and all of the half-moon symbols are functionally the same, even if they look different.

Last edited by Patient; 13/10/20 12:19 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Alternatively, There's a secret lever you may discover with a perception check that allows you to bypass the puzzle entirely.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I have a glitch here.
Parts of the Stone Disks are invisible and if i turn them Symbols stay where they are and others are vanishing.
Clearly a Bug and no feature. Is this allready recognized?

Switching to DX11 doesnt help, so im currently stuck in the Goblin Temple as it seems.....
Or is there another way out of this?

G
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
G
Originally Posted by Mörtötö
I have a glitch here.
Parts of the Stone Disks are invisible and if i turn them Symbols stay where they are and others are vanishing.
Clearly a Bug and no feature. Is this allready recognized?

Switching to DX11 doesnt help, so im currently stuck in the Goblin Temple as it seems.....
Or is there another way out of this?

I'm starting to think mine is bugged too because I am sure that when I turn the dials some of the symbols that are not "shared" are moving. It's like they just randomly swap places.

Originally Posted by Veylandemar
Alternatively, There's a secret lever you may discover with a perception check that allows you to bypass the puzzle entirely.

My characters passed a perception check and someone said something like "Hey look at this" but this game does a terrible job of showing or highlighting what you found so I have no clue what we found because I still don't see a level or anything.

Originally Posted by Patient

Then turn each of the side dials once and you should get a dialog or hear some rumbling and a secret door opens up.

Thank you for the detailed response. I will try again when I get a chance. I'm almost hoping it's bugged for me so I don't feel so stupid. LOL.

Last edited by GamerSerg; 11/10/20 02:42 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
anyone found nightsong ? I am passed the puzzle and uuh...yeah.

apprentice
apprentice

O
stranger
stranger
O
Originally Posted by Veylandemar

I passed the perception check but can't see any secret lever. I find this with a lot of these checks - my character will say "Hey, what's that over there" and I have no idea of where "there" is.
Where's the lever?

journeyman
journeyman
The lever is on a nearby inner wall just a few steps from the puzzle. It may highlight with alt (not sure). Even if you find the lever you will have to lockpick it.

This is difficult to explain in text. For the puzzle
every time you turn a dial all 4 parts on the dial will move 1 space clockwise. The two innermost icons will rotate into a new circle which is how you shift the symbols. You need all of the Dark circles in the lighted dial and all of the white circles on the dial on the opposite side. Once that's achieved the door will open.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Yeah the thing you can lockpick is mostly hidden by the wall and the annoying camera.

When you enter the room and cross the puzzle, it should be on your right. Rotate the annoying camera a bit and you should see a round thing on the wall.

P
P
Uh, okay, now I'm feeling stupid. I found the secret lever (before finding this post) and lock picked it (weird, but okay...) and there was a click, and my journal updated saying I solved a puzzle and found a secret passage, but I can't, for pete's sake, actually FIND that secret passage. Where am I supposed to physically go?

P
P
For the record: I pulled the lever a couple of times, and the animation triggered properly. The stone wall in the back of the temple slides aside.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Postwave
Uh, okay, now I'm feeling stupid. I found the secret lever (before finding this post) and lock picked it (weird, but okay...) and there was a click, and my journal updated saying I solved a puzzle and found a secret passage, but I can't, for pete's sake, actually FIND that secret passage. Where am I supposed to physically go?

It's opposite the side of the room you enter from, sort of in an alcove.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Dredded

yeah ive been all around the underdark and dunno if its down here or not lol.

M
stranger
stranger
M
You can get the key from the guard in the priestess chamber and skip the whole puzzle+finding the lever.

Link Copied to Clipboard