Print Thread
S
Snikke Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hello fellow players, devs and mods!

Here is a list of stuff I marked on my notebook on my playthough.
I tried to clean it up a bit but it still is a bit messy so please be merciful (English is not my native language).
Some of the below mentioned I am sure have already been mentioned before but bear with me!

There are some described events from my playthrough so devs will know what to look for.

CONVERSATIONS/DIALOGUE/ANIMATION
- Characters in talking scences are sometimes "skippy" or "twitchy" when starting or finishing sentences.
- Characters skip to different poses without animation
- Characters in conversations sometimes start the next sentence before last one is finished
- Sometimes in conversations camera pans in to random object/place
- When characters are not talking, sometimes they lose all their idle animations
- Some sound effects are missing during conversations/cutscenes
- Sometimes flying creatures stop flapping wings/freeze their animations all together
- Sometimes after reloading, the screen/textures flicker
- Torturer Spike's animations in conversation are messed up
- When party members have their "own AI conversations" (as in going to speak with Spike as Wyll) everything is as rapidly spamming skip
- Volo's experimental treatment scene has the character models all over the place

INCONSISTENCY
- Wyll: The goblin (Zezzerk, Wyll quest) surrenders and we get the info from him and then kill him. After that I talk to Wyll he says we killed him before we got the info.
- Wyll: After saving the people from the Inn that was on fire, dialogue triggered with Wyll and he said that we did nothing to help the Flaming Fist and the people?
- Shadowheart: Near the Owlbeast cave, Shadowheart reveals she is a worshipper of Shar and agrees to talk more later. When I ask about it in camp, she acts kinda hostile as if nothing happened in cave and avoids the question?
- Astarion: I already know about Cazador etc. but when I meet the Gur (monster hunter) I don't get to mention I already know Astarion is a vampire.
-> After meeting the Gur(monster hunter) and speaking with Astarion, all dialogue options are like I do not know about Cazador.
- Druid Grove: The "KH..." druid was one of the Shadow Druids. There is no mention of it in conversations between CHARNAME and Halsin if you do not confront "KH..." before rescuing Halsin

Sometimes follow up dialogue comes way too late in camp.
- The windmill scene with Wyll, the gnome and Zezzerk. I did that and it took 3 or 4 long rests before Wyll wants to talk about it in camp.
- I told Volo how to find my camp and yet there is still a question to be asked how did he find my camp (after goblin camp rescue)

QUEST:
-Can't talk to Mayrina after I lower the cage she is in.
-Hag doesn't show up anywhere in the dungeon and I just got free loot from Acrid Workshop. Cannot continue quest.
-> "SOLUTION" The Hag is stealthed on the small bridge near the orb, use AOE attack to find her. She doesn't trigger any dialogue or combat but once you kill her
you are able to proceed with quest. (Credit to nickname cyanes in Youtube, this is where I found the glitch)

- Hag's teahouse: After I survived the dungeon, took the portal and got to teahouse I had to smash the door.
I went to get the Withering Masks in the cave, came back to the door and it was there again even though I had just destroyed it.
Now the door is indestructible and doesn't even show any HP.

CAMERA:
- Camera gets a little wonky sometimes, especially inside buildings. Can jump/check in to other floors for example.

GLITCH:
- The conversations can be exploited. They give infinite approval because the questions are repeatable if you leave conversation and start again. (For example petting Scratch will give infinite approval with Wyll and Gale)
->Repeatable conversations are fine, just make it so that they give the approval/disapproval only once.
- You can spot invisible/stealth creatures by for example aiming a "grenade" aimlessly. A red circle appears where the enemy is invisible/in stealth.

GENERAL/GAMEPLAY BUGS:
- Goblin wall attack, I am getting hit and damage numbers are shown but I am still full HP on icons (possibly due to the rally buff?)
- Some quest markers stay on map even when you have finished/progressed with them. (For example Karlagh quest, killed paladins and talked to her, quest marker remains)
- Textures missing, flickering sometimes
- Putting a fire out with water doesn't do much, a few seconds later the fire is back up again
- The ranger talent/feat which makes you hit twice doesn't always work (COLOSSUS SLAYER)
- Sometimes the game does not allow me to use any spells/abilities whatsoever
- In Underdark near the petrified drows, if I climb the Knotted Roots my character just floats downward and dies
- Sometimes the character models glitch out when you kill them
- Helmet textures bug out pretty badly, shows hair etc growing out of the helmet.
- The button in Arcane Tower level 2 is actually one level lower or at least that is where my CHARNAME pushed it, some placement bug i guess. (SCREENSHOT)
- The world map is not working right, when I zoom out it does not show the most E/W/N/S locations. They are shown when you zoom closer.
- Bane does not work as intented, I have been hit by multiple "CRITICAL HITS" while enemy has been baned. Rolling two nat 20's in a row is just that common right?
- Clicking character icon does not always select said character. Might need 2-3 clicks before said character is selected
- AI sometimes moving out of melee range and after that using disengage (getting hit by opportunity attack)
- If character dies in shallow water, they cannot be rescurrected (target is out of sight)
- Enemies shooting spells/arrows/throwables through walls
- Scratch´s ball has a scythe as it's icon

SUGGESTIONS/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Add an area loot option
- Some way to sort inventory (by weight, value etc.) Sort button in inventory menu is located between "Toggle Map" button and "Showing All Items" text.
- Give us a direct choice who to apply buffs/debuffs within the spell range instead of general aoe
- Add an option to hide helmets
- When the "interesting conversation nearby" pop up appears, please add a marker to minimap
- Let me scroll the quest log with mouse while the cursor is on top of quest names
- Remove space bar key to choose what dialogue option we take. Number keys are enough. Space bar as skip in conversations is fine
- When fast traveling, let me know where the location is on map when I press the Waypoint instead of just teleporting there straight away
- Would be nice to know how much movement a jump action takes
- In combat log it would be nice to know what the spell/ability does when you hover the cursor over it
- AI takes way too long time to end it's turn if it can't do anything or reach it's desired location
- Give me more epic combat music! It doesn't always trigger frown
- Let me see ALL talents etc on character sheet, for example Ranger talent Colossus Slayer is not shown anywhere (I have not seen these anywhere)
- Allow party members to follow "jump" routes if they can reach it. Now I have to jump across one at a time
- Please give an option to pause the game. EXAMPLE: A downed member is in a pile of corpses and I need to help him up while death saves are rolling, GL to me I quess.
- Maybe add some eye movement/searching/flickering to make the characters feel more alive? (in conversations) Now they all seem just so dead inside while staring in to the void.
- Need a clear way/button to swap floors (CAMERA)
- The pathing of party members needs to be improved, they really like to walk on acid/fire etc. when following lead character
- Would be nice to know on the combat log when there is an investigation/perception or similar check, what we find with said check
- Don't make all the party move immedietally after switching "lead/selected" character, make it so that they move after you click a new location
- Show how much health food items give
- Swap Scratch's ball icon to a ball

I also have a few screenshots and savefiles to share if the Devs would like to see! I do not know how to attatch them to this post.

Again, these are just the notes my first playthrough of "BG3 EA Act I".

And now I will proceed to my evil playthrough of Act I >:)

EDIT: Computer specs are Win10 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz, 16 Gb ram, Nvidia RTX 2070, Dx11 mode

Last edited by Snikke; 11/10/20 08:46 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Well done. You seem to have all the bugs I have. Saves me tons of work smile.
Several times now was unable to end turn in combat and had to reload... a real pain during long fights to start over
I can't talk to Lae..(can't think of her name) in camp any more. She is unavailable to select. Tried killing her and resurrecting but that didn't work. The Skeleton didn't recognize she's dead either.
Some quests won't show completed even though they are done or the checkmark won't stay changed
Sometimes performing an action in combat will not work (i.e. using a poison arrow, throwing something, shoving...) you just lose the turn

apprentice
apprentice
I love reading these. Surprised how much is and is not in my own list.

I have issues with the crit custcenes showing from the floor (as if the arrow fires from the ground...up the enemy... as opposed to from the bow down to the enemy)
Many places, primarily through invisible doors (hag house, necromancer cellar, and the arcane tower) turning the character models and everything in it invisible until pathed through
At the Camp Party, Shadowheart, Gale, and some Tieflings are not holding a bottle of wine or whatever but have the appearance.

When I press the button to go to turn-based, it takes a long time. Fine if that's by design, but I have characters rolling death saves and it's difficult to ensure their survival vs just needing "help". My solution is to have a hard pause when needed (such as for when you need to be AFK or when you need time to see where the character is that is bleeding out). This does not have to be a "by default" feature. It can be a keybind that people can opt into or some such.

As for minor text bugs:
Silver necklaces have a description for Sapphire necklaces
Female hairstyles were numbered incorrectly from somewhere between 22-27 (as I recall it was 21, 22, 25, 26, 25, 26, 27, but I cannot remember)

Conversation errors:
Volo's dialogue when he is trapped by the goblins (1st encounter in the camp) seems to have the same loop, no matter what you pick.
Shadowheart has two dialogue options that are identical about the druid grove, when asking about it.

Volo's poem of appreciation takes up the entire screen. Not sure if this was intended to be in real time or not.

I second you on the issues:
The arcane tower button making characters walk down the elevator (like it's a case of stairs) and then going to another floor to activate.
Would love to see the AI not take its sweet sweet time when it decides to do nothing or move only
I also have the bug with the characters not switching when selected. I mean it does happen, just not necessarily on the first click or right away. Has resulted in one or more deaths though my plays.
HIDE HELMETS laugh I've been so spoiled with other games, and only wear circlets in this game (and neverwinter nights 2) because I hate helmets!!! *but my characters are squishy so I need them plz...and this was a feature in DOS2

And just to add: Please make it easier to dump off all my hard earned --loot-- trash. And filter or minimize completed quests in the journal.

I love this game and I also love making it better <3 Hopefully the forums are a good way for feedback/bug reports from players!

apprentice
apprentice
Great list. This is one worth the developers reading and reacting too.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks for collecting bugs, I couldn't find any yet. Would be nice if stays that way smile

Maybe giving platform and basic hardware details would be helpful for some of those. I'm not saying they aren't happening, just I haven't seen any of those skips, animation related, on Win10 64bit, Nvidia 1080 GTX , Dx11 mode. Could be or not just platform specific.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by LoneSky
Maybe giving platform and basic hardware details would be helpful for some of those. I'm not saying they aren't happening, just I haven't seen any of those skips, animation related, on Win10 64bit, Nvidia 1080 GTX , Dx11 mode. Could be or not just platform specific.

I haven't thought about that; will keep in mind. Win10 64 bit, Nvidia 970, Vulkan (yes, I know they suggest DirectX for bugs, but I would like to use the recommended default as much as possible).

I also have animation issues with the cutscenes for people on top of each other. But I can reload and it won't happen, making it inconsistent between saves. I guess it might be due to rendering, since the cutscenes render differently each time?

journeyman
journeyman
I've also found a bunch not listed there. Trying to use your categories as well as I can:

CONVERSATIONS/DIALOGUE/ANIMATION
Found a typo in a book in the area where Kagha is
Double of the same option during Shadowheart dialogue (also another example of approval exploit that you mention)

INCONSISTENCY
Fast traveling out of camp takes a single person

QUEST:
"Find the Missing Shipment" quest marker is over the top (in my opinion, not really a bug)

GLITCH:
Goblin uses broken War Drum
Ranged attacks not putting me in combat (not even sure if this is unintended, but it seems unintended - maybe should be in inconsistency?)
spoiler for Gale's character
when feeding him an item, it doesn't disappear if it's equipped

Moon Puzzle goes crazy if you leave and come back
Able to walk through doors by throwing a character at it

GENERAL/GAMEPLAY BUGS:
Inventory scrolls up when moving things at the bottom
not a bug, but a problem - another spoiler for Gale
when he dies, he emits a death aura that can unavoidably kill people in camp who are next to him

Visual bug when making a ranger character

S
Snikke Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I found the Sort Items button between "Toggle Map" and "Showing All Items" text.
Only took me like 30hrs of gameplay so the location should be changed to a more visible spot.

Last edited by Snikke; 11/10/20 08:49 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Ranged attacks not starting combat: if they aren't looking, a stealth is rolled. Succeed, and you don't enter combat.

Link Copied to Clipboard