Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
stranger
stranger
N
Part of the fun, in my opinion, of D&D is taking what the dice throw at you. To be certain of the outcome of every single click takes part of the enjoyment out of it (not to mention all mechanics around checks and proficiencies). Maybe someone will create a mod that eliminates the need for dice rolls on conversations, but I certainly won't be using it.

Just my two cents.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Synaryn
Originally Posted by Firesong
That may very well be, I just want a great Larian RPG game. I couldn't care less about D&D.

Originally Posted by Firesong
So lets get back to the virtues of what made D:OS 2 such an extraordinary game.

I'm gonna be real. This is a D&D game. If you don't want to play a game based on D&D mechanics, don't play a D&D game.

Exactly. This is not a divinity game. Was never meant to be. It's Baldur's Gate 3, a D&D franchise. Just because it's Larian studios doesn't mean that all their games has to be like earlier productions. Look at Bioware, they have several IP's that are vastly different but are very much liked anyway. Same goes for Blizzard. And Bethesda etc.

If you want a new Divinity Game from Larian Studio you simply have to wait until they announce that project.

We D&D fans didn't necessarily disliked the Divinity series, hey I enjoyed DOS2 very much, but what we want now is a different game

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 11/10/20 12:36 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
For the OP: You do know Baulder's Gate is a DnD game, right? So it has that framework to abide as much by as possible. The heart of DnD contains RNG, Choice, and Consequence. If you don't want those core tenants, then BG3 won't be enjoyable for ya. Wait for a mod.

stranger
stranger
The entire concept of this game is that they got the licensing rights to make a D&D 5E game. They made a video all about meeting with the company to make this agreement.
The fans want a 5E RPG.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
This game is literally made with dice rolls in mind, and not succeeding all of them in skill checks. They've designed it so that no skill check failirue will be *needed* to enjoy the game. Sometimes failing a roll in the end gives a better result. Larian has been clear that they don't want dice rolls to feel like you must succeed, and encourages the players to just go with the flow and see what happens even if you fail. I have done that, and it is a much more nejoyablle experience tbh. You can always replay the game another time and hope for different results and get a whole different experience.

veteran
veteran
Dice rolls is just an easy and convenient way of drawing random numbers. Nearly everygame has random numbers in their mecanics.

But visual dice rolls like we see everytime on dialogs is something I don't like. It's an unnessacary UI intrusion according to me because I'm not interrested in tabletop simulator mecanics.

V
stranger
stranger
V
Sorry, I disagree. I am very excited that an excellent studio like Larian has taken the challenge to create a D&D ruleset game. Part of that challenge is creating a setting and story that can branch and seem "alive" based on your chance interations with the world. I love the thought that you can roleplay and you may get a different outcome everytime you do a playthrough.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard