Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#687369 11/10/20 12:31 AM
Vennumz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I hope we get more than 2. I hate having to choose between an evil god worshipping cleric and the battle-hungry semi evil toad girl. I haven't played D&D but surely there are semi normal nice girls out there right?

PS: while i'm here...anyone know the deal with the "Who are you dreaming of" person after you create your character?

W
veteran
veteran
W
There will be more companions added to EA later.

old hand
old hand
I heard that the who are you dreaming of character is

The form that the parasite in your head takes when talking to you later in the game

Vennumz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Woot!

Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
I heard that the who are you dreaming of character is

The form that the parasite in your head takes when talking to you later in the game

Oh wow...that would be crazy. Unfortunate though as you wouldn't be able to have an actual romance with that character though.

apprentice
apprentice
Made a thread about this myself. They both are terrible dates. That said they do have some interesting story lines there just unlikable and hard to keep around. I know they have other companions coming, I was kinda hoping when I found the temple of Selune there was a way to turn Darkheart into more of a Selunite then a sharian.

apprentice
apprentice
"battle-hungry semi evil toad girl" HAHAHAHAHA XD Hit the nail on the head!

I've been telling all my friends that my character clearly only gets along with the men for one reason.... Or something. Clearly something's wrong with my character to have these evil/chaotic warlord wannabes??? Plus I cannot believe how many times I have the option to irk the githyanki. What DO you like woman???

Jokes aside, I would like to see a more mainstream temperament. The cleric is not everyone's cup of tea and screams betrayer/traitor to me. And good lord who do I have to suck up to for the githyanki woman to not sneer down at me? (ya know, not her) Maybe a Tiefling that's in the camp would be a good addition -- the refugees seem to have a good personality, it would add a different race to the companion party, and even out the dudes to chicks ratio. Other places to pick someone up: goblin from camp, druid from the grove, drow (but that's still in the demon-ate-my-brain category) from wherever, or even a dwarf/etc that's thrown in somewhere.

Maybe there is a plan to obtain more companions, and that they are excluded for EA, but I am unsure. I say this because the game is in early stages and who knows? Here's hoping!

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Warlocke

Got a link for that?

Z.

apprentice
apprentice
In DOS2 we only got 2 female companions and one of them literally tries to knife you when you meet her for the second time and then constantly wants to kill things.
It should also be noted that DOS2 got a new companion added in EA.

Vennumz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Sloane Hardtower
Made a thread about this myself. They both are terrible dates. That said they do have some interesting story lines there just unlikable and hard to keep around. I know they have other companions coming, I was kinda hoping when I found the temple of Selune there was a way to turn Darkheart into more of a Selunite then a sharian.

Ya, I second this haha

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Or at least a less grumpy female companion? Both of them are so... intense. Gale and Asterion on the other hand are a laugh riot by comparison.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't want to be mean, but don't expect this turning into a dating simulator smile

Okay, that being said, I wouldn't mind either a hot female companion (yes, I don't want "realistic" girls in my games), one who is also always inspirational instead of being moody, and full of enthusiasm about the adventures ahead. Could be a fearless warrior or a wise and brave wizard, these 2 classes are the core of my party, and wouldn't mind a real healer either, optimized for heals instead trickery, one who heals both your HP and brings a happy mood everywhere (I remember the quest character from Path of Exile, who were alone in dark and always singing, Sister Cassia; that's the spirit I expect from my party: funny and still full of optimism and goodwill, and really enjoying life, no matter what)

I can keep on dreaming, while having a party of weird strangers. Except Gale, but he is male. I like him, but in a different way of course. He is the real thing, Wyll is fake (what's the point being the best fighter, if you lost the single most valuable virtue that is modesty? nothing, just an empty shell, void of meaning)

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I'd like to see a really nerdy human female wizard. Not an 'I'll kill you all with fire!', not 'I will unlock the Dark Secrets bwahahah!!', and not some brazen 'Let's make sexy illusions and roll about on Tenser's Floating waterbed'.

I want see a scholar, a mousy wizard who wears glasses and has ink stains on her sleeves. A companion who can be romanced but who you struggle to take beyond kissing and cuddling.

Now that would be a first in any RPG so far as I can see.

Originally Posted by Vennumz
I hope we get more than 2. I hate having to choose between an evil god worshipping cleric and the battle-hungry semi evil toad girl. I haven't played D&D but surely there are semi normal nice girls out there right?

PS: while i'm here...anyone know the deal with the "Who are you dreaming of" person after you create your character?

Why do you want girls or guys at all?

Love is the end of all duty.

P.S:

For the love of all realms real or fantasy PLEASE NO Aerie FROM BG 2.
I still have nightmares about that whining and screeching of her´s.
Advise on character creation by who ever is writing them dont use the max slider option on good and evil , full bitch mode or little hurt dove at all times. A little bit of everything in moderation not max this or that. Characters are not two dimensional creations.

Last edited by xMardeRx; 13/10/20 12:49 PM. Reason: god i hate Aerie and if there was a better mage choice i taken that.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I'd like to see a really nerdy human female wizard. Not an 'I'll kill you all with fire!', not 'I will unlock the Dark Secrets bwahahah!!', and not some brazen 'Let's make sexy illusions and roll about on Tenser's Floating waterbed'.

I want see a scholar, a mousy wizard who wears glasses and has ink stains on her sleeves. A companion who can be romanced but who you struggle to take beyond kissing and cuddling.

Now that would be a first in any RPG so far as I can see.

There was Merrill in Dragon Age 2: she was pretty much like that. Neither "I am teh pwn and will turn your intestines into a plague of frogs!" like Morrigan nor the stereotypical "I cast a spell and all my clothes fell off", just someone who was socially awkward, bookish and tended to obsess over inappropriate stuff.

J'aime le fromage.
I see myself having to force myself into liking Shadowheart if I'll go for any romance in the game. Not a fan of either females thus far, and the two supposedly other female companions are a no go for me as well. The females are a huge miss for me thus far.

I like Gale and Asterion, I haven't even added Wyll because of his cockiness. Without any idea of his story I feel like it's going to be some childish "deal with the devil" to be a hero or something.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by vometia
There was Merrill in Dragon Age 2: she was pretty much like that. Neither "I am teh pwn and will turn your intestines into a plague of frogs!" like Morrigan nor the stereotypical "I cast a spell and all my clothes fell off", just someone who was socially awkward, bookish and tended to obsess over inappropriate stuff.

That's true, I was forgetting Merrill for a second. More like Merrill then, only human. And with glasses and inky sleeves.

Edited to added: I don't recall any potential dwarf romances in any of the CRPGs I've encountered, either. DA3 had some flirting with the scout, but that's about the end of it.

Last edited by Sadurian; 13/10/20 01:01 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yea, hate to say it, but right now I don't really see a female companion my male (or female) PC might fall for either... Shar priestesses are legendarily self centered, narcissistic and more often then not outright sociopaths, and I won't even try to imagine what Githyanki woman go for.

Also, no, none of the two girls we got right now would represent the typical Fearunian heroine... not in a world where a Dove Falconhand, Catti'brie Battlehammer and Danica Maupoissant exist. wink

The guys are quite varied already, though... so, good work there!

Last edited by WarBaby2; 13/10/20 01:18 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Vennumz

I love the 2 we already have, but I agree. I hope we get more female presence in the game. The camp is kinda filled with male and if you like romance and you are a straight guy, well, too bad, lol. You don't really have a lot of options.

Originally Posted by Sadurian

Edited to added: I don't recall any potential dwarf romances in any of the CRPGs I've encountered, either. DA3 had some flirting with the scout, but that's about the end of it.

Rumor has it there's going to be a werewolf dwarf female companion and that Tiefling near the tollhouse.

Neither are up my alley, but others may like them. I prefer they stop making every character some oddity like Wyll and Gale though.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Yes, I wish some companions were just ... normal.

I'm excited by the prospect of a female dwarf companion, but .. a werewolf!? It's starting to look like Larian are lining up to start jumping sharks. Calm down guys. Some of us are happy with vanilla occasionally - the sprinkles should enhance and not overwhelm.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard