Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#687701 11/10/20 04:45 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I have played a bit to know now how to use my camp, but the first time I got there was entirely by accident. I had no idea there was a resting place or even how to get there until I clicked on a purple rune to see what it does (had no idea it was a waypoint). I had used a spell for my checks (cleric) to try and make sure I could use the related knowledge to pass the dc check. I pressed the camp button thinking that a camp screen would show up (like in previous BGs) and I would rest or be attacked. Instead I am whisked away to some other map which I carefully explored to see if anything would happen. I shortly figured out this was a safe place for camping and tried to interact with everything I could.

I imagine there is to be crafting of some sort later in the development process as there were trees to chop and areas to mine (which did nothing). I feel there either needs to be a tutorial that covers more of the basics when you get off the ship or more pop up tutorials when you come across something for the first time. I realize it may be difficult to cover everything and there isn't a manual yet (?), but guidance on something as important as this would be helpful.

rodaduro #687707 11/10/20 04:48 AM
old hand
old hand
I think there isnt a tutorial because none of the functions are there. After you camp a few times you get a library, work benches, etc...and there really isnt anything you can do yet. There should be a camp tour for sure as things get added.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
rodaduro #687712 11/10/20 04:55 AM
journeyman
journeyman
As the other user said, there is a tutorial for camping, so it shouldn't really be a surprise, to be honest.

Also, there's currently a greyed out hammer in the menu as one of the tabs, implying that crafting is potentially a thing, so I also imagine that.

edit: other user actually said the opposite. My bad. But there is a tutorial for camping.

edit again: Okay, weirdly enough, there's no tutorial in the journal for camping. Maybe I'm blind? I looked through it multiple times thinking I missed it. However, this pops up after your first fight:
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Certheri; 11/10/20 05:05 AM.
rodaduro #687753 11/10/20 05:19 AM
L
journeyman
journeyman
L
I thought I was stuck the first time I went to the camp. Didn't want to do a Long rest (Tadpoles) and couldn't figure out how to get out. In Keybindings "Leave Camp" was unassigned, so bound a key to it, and it didn't do anything.

Link Copied to Clipboard