Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Just finished my first playthrough of BG3, and as a hyge fan of Divinity and the original Baldur's Gate series, I want to do my part and offer some of the thoughts I've had while playing.

I've been reading this forum and the subreddit, so I'll try to avoid the common critiques. SPOILERS BELOW

Bugs:

• Battle Master manuevers don't seem to expend supiriority dice, meaning they can currently be used endlessly.
  • Shadowheart has available, repeatable dialogue options. Not a problem in and of itself, but the player can currently farm approval from them.
  • Entering manual turn-based mode is still very buggy. Especially when the player enters combat while in manual turn based mode.
  • On death, some enemies explode and stretch into a mess of polygons.
  • People's mouths don't move on their first line of dialogue.
  • At one point, I got locked in dialogue mode and couldn't save my game. I had to load an earlier save.
  • When I collected the myconid companion, the game got confused and had him appear above my portrait several times.
  • It seems like the highlight interactables button doesn't always catch everything.
  • Several locations, especially common towards the end game, rendered with no NPCs spawning. I had to leave and come back for them to appear.

Unfinished Content:

I'm sure Larian is aware what quests are and aren't yet finished, so I won't list the ones I found here.

That being said, would it be possible for unfinished quests to be flagged so I know I'm not missing something? I spent an hour looking for that damn crethe.

Suggestions:

• An option to have all interactables constantly highlighted would be a huge quantity of life improvement. I'm wearing out my alt key.
  • Companions should follow when I jump
  • Companions should stealth when I stealth
  • I shouldn't be able to spam long rests infinitely. I'd suggest having a long rest consume rations which must be purchased. Otherwise have your head explode on day 50, or something.
  • I'd love the occasional dialogue option tied to my selected background. I know this one's a huge lift, but 1 or 2 options per background per act is all I'd need to feel like it's having an impact.
  • Some companions let you repeat dialogue, some do not. I'd prefer if this was consistent.
  • I'll second suggestions that it would be awesome to switch between companions during dialogues. Especially in multiplayer.

Those are my thoughts. Overall I loved this game so far it's shaping up to be a modern classic and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

Last edited by RickorTreat; 11/10/20 04:15 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Great thoughts and feed back. When I made mine I forgot about the battle master bug.

The constant clicking for jumping gets very tedious especially in a few locations where you need to do it a dozen times.
They need to consolidate treasure into a lootable post combat screen.
Those two things are the biggest fun suckers that makes the game feel tedious.

I complete almost every CRPG turn based game out there for the past 30 years (since all the gold box games). the games I don't complete are the ones that get tedious. Divity original sin is one game I didnt finish because of the sheer tediousness of the traps when you got to the Winter Castle. I think Larian learned from this, but there are several spots in the game this happens again and is just blah.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Sloane Hardtower

They need to consolidate treasure into a lootable post combat screen.

That's a great thought. I remember they did this in SWOTOR and it did make things much easier.

Last edited by RickorTreat; 11/10/20 05:30 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Battle masters do expend superiority dice. At least, it happens to Lae'zel in my party.

Last edited by Nyanko; 11/10/20 05:34 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Nyanko
Battle masters do expend superiority dice. At least, it happens to Lae'zel in my party.

Really? I had her using Menacing Strike on every attack.

addict
addict
The long rest change shouldn't be changed until other stuff is changed, like more than 1 short rest and/or some combat balance issues. Otherwise less experienced players are shit out of luck bc no short rest bc u can only do 1 right now, no long rest because food and ofc out of resources and hp because of unbalanced combat.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by RickorTreat

[*]Battle Master manuevers don't seem to expend supiriority dice, meaning they can currently be used endlessly.

They are definitely expendable, but there is a feeling that only when Riposte
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by RickorTreat

[*] Companions should stealth when I stealth

I think they could but shouldn't.
I don’t think that anyone would want to be spotted because of a clumsy dwarf in heavy armor, and even breathing so loud that can be heard for a mile.

Last edited by Shurik; 12/10/20 09:32 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard