Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
I’m about 20 hours in and just entered the underdark. Above ground is pretty much cleared out. I’ve only taken 4 long rests, which I guess might have something to do with the devil’s absence. Do I need to do something to trigger Raphael to show up or should I just rest a bunch?

I think it has to do with how often you use the Illithid powers in dialogue.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Synaryn

That would explain why I havent seen him yet either because ive kept myself from using it all but once I think.

apprentice
apprentice
OK I have always selected the Illithid option and was approached first night at camp and subsequently repeating same cutscene with diff character in focus.

No other game has rewarded my low impulse control with so many glorious unintended consequences.
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by Synaryn

That would explain why I havent seen him yet either because ive kept myself from using it all but once I think.

Yeah I spammed that little bugger every chance I got. There seems to be a narrative dissonance, with the companions urging us to find a way to remove the tadpoles ASAP and not use them, but we get rewarded with more story if we do use them and the story telling us the tadpoles aren't transforming us any time soon.

W
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
W
Interesting. I’ve never used the tadpole. I guess if this was the full game I might be introduced to Raphael at a different time in a completely different way. That’s pretty neat. I don’t get people’s obsession with “more story.” I want “my story.” Having all possible stories be the same length is a bit of an arbitrary constraint.

This will probably end up being an over one-hundred hour experience. I’m okay missing out on some stuff. I don’t need to see everything in one go.

journeyman
journeyman
i had him visiting me on the 2nd night, then during bad rolls in goblin camp one of his minions killed Gut and her bodyguard for me

journeyman
journeyman
I had Raphael visit on my first and second long rest and never used the tadpole at all.

Link Copied to Clipboard