Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
All the background rolls the game makes are cool, but I think they would be cooler if we saw the actual rolls. Instead of just telling us we succeeded or failed an arcana check or a saving throw, give us the option of actually rolling it (maybe put that in the options menu so those who prefer not being interrupted for every roll can keep the status quo).

Also, for the dialogue rolls we actually roll ourselves, I think it would be more satisfying to show the actual DC and then add our skill/proficiency bonus to our roll like we do in actual 5e instead of (if I'm not mistaken) just reducing the DC by our bonus and making us roll a raw d20. Like, if the DC is 15, my bonus in that skill is +6 and I roll a 10, the prompt should say I got a 16 instead of saying the DC is 9 and I got a 10 like it does now. Passing a skill check because the DC is low is boring, passing a skill check because we have a high bonus is awesome. Give us some big number endorphine!

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Yeah it's cool for the first five minutes, then you get really tired of the game interruption all these rolls causes and a combat would drag on for an hour. There's a good reason why they're mostly hidden.

Last edited by Cantila; 11/10/20 07:28 PM.
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by Cantila
Yeah oit's cool for the first five minutes, then you get really tired of the game interruption all these rolls causes and a combat would drag on for an hour. There's a good reason why they're mostly hidden.

That's why I propose for it to be in the options menu. To me, the suspense and anticipation of each dice roll is the most fun part of D&D. I don't mind combat dragging on for longer. If you do and want it to be quicker, keep the box unchecked and enjoy the game as is.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
Fair enough, but it would not be easily implement in combat. I don't think they find it worth the effort because I doubt many people will acctually use it consistently.

F
addict
addict
F
I would like to see much fewer rolls, so what now?

#JusticeForKarlach

Petition to save Karlach: https://www.change.org/p/justice-for-karlach
T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Cantila
Yeah it's cool for the first five minutes, then you get really tired of the game interruption all these rolls causes and a combat would drag on for an hour. There's a good reason why they're mostly hidden.

This is absolutely true. I really appreciate the nod to D&D, however, this is a video game, not a table top game played electronically. I think you need less D&D rules and rolls. I can't go to camp without wondering if someone is going to stab me in my sleep because I can't meet the check. I don't need a friggin dungeon master. HOWEVER, I also recognize and remember that divinity 2 had more than one level of play. So I would guess out of EA they will have multiple game modes. Because both of you are right and Larian has proven capable of making a good game for everyone's style.

Link Copied to Clipboard