Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Gotta remake this mechanic to let him feed on anything magical. Not just the best stuff. Thanks. Otherwise, we are just farming for Gale's bad decision, which he made before we met him.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Add: He is also pretty essential for anyone not playing as a wizard. This game doesn't the depth chart of the last two games.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Part of me is curious to see what happens if you don't give him any... I know what he says will happen... but I really want to see what happens.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by TheAlphaRaider
Gotta remake this mechanic to let him feed on anything magical. Not just the best stuff. Thanks. Otherwise, we are just farming for Gale's bad decision, which he made before we met him.

Wait.. does he eat my stuff??!

old hand
old hand
Valid, depending on what happens to him otherwise. Just realized - when he is holding an anti-magic flower something should happen - just checked. It turns into a withered sussur blossom. Interesting!

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Fungo
Originally Posted by TheAlphaRaider

Wait.. does he eat my stuff??!

You have the option to give him blue or better quality magic items, doing so destroys the item as Gale consumes them.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
It appears to be an event driven thing rather than a timer. It's an interesting thing, and potentially not that much of an issue; you can feed him items that you were going to sell, after all.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Some_Twerp753
It appears to be an event driven thing rather than a timer. It's an interesting thing, and potentially not that much of an issue; you can feed him items that you were going to sell, after all.

I have every item from every shop and person and over 16,000 gold. Pickpocketing ftw! Story items being the only items you can feed him, however, is what makes it an interesting dilemma

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
I found the story as well as the prospect of feeding him anything too preposterous to consider. I hate the character concept and I'm happy I'm playing a mage for my first run smile

H
stranger
stranger
H
Does anyone else have the Gale bug where he goes through the whole long-winded conversation every time he wants to eat an item? I've had him go through the same dialogue 3 times. First he goes through the long explanation to tell me he needs to eat an item, then he goes through the whole thing again to ask me if he can eat an item we have, and finally he does the whole thing again to tell me there's another item he wants to eat.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I tried killing him and going to camp to see if anything would happen but the game doesn't let you.

Necromancy is just recycling...
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Druid_NPC
I tried killing him and going to camp to see if anything would happen but the game doesn't let you.

He just lays in his sleeping bag, rotting in a big cloud, and it kills your dog.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
This was my only gripe with Gale. I mean I find this Sword of Justice and I give it to Lae zel and he wants to consume it like candy? Makes me think he isn't worth taking along if he gobbles all the good stuff.

stranger
stranger
I see everyone here is spectacularly missing the whole point, which is that it is supposed to be inconvenient. It’s not a meaningful choice if there is no cost to the player and you can just keep feeding him +1 items or scrolls. You’re supposed to be annoyed he only wants the good items, and you’re supposed to either deny him and deal with the consequences or make a sacrifice that has legitimate value.

You’re not supposed to like it.

P
enthusiast
enthusiast
P
Originally Posted by Panicintrinsica
I see everyone here is spectacularly missing the whole point, which is that it is supposed to be inconvenient. It’s not a meaningful choice if there is no cost to the player and you can just keep feeding him +1 items or scrolls. You’re supposed to be annoyed he only wants the good items, and you’re supposed to either deny him and deal with the consequences or make a sacrifice that has legitimate value.

Or just kick him out of your party and have him fend for himself, he was doing fine beforehand so I'm sure he'll make it work.

R
stranger
stranger
R

I get what you're saying, but there's a difference between a mechanic that requires constant attention and a mechanic that's constantly annoying. If there is a tax - a very steep tax, mind - to have a character in your party, it should be fun and engaging, not a constant "oh what is that f*er going to destroy now"?

The ability to choose what to sacrifice - given the sheer abundance of spell scrolls - would make a lot of sense and be a large step towards making it slightly more enjoyable.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Agreed. With the amount of random magic loot - even just scrolls - we get, why in the world are we not allowed to choose what to give him?

I think we should have some form of indication of how much he needs and some actual incentive to provide it, because "keeping him around" is hardly going to be worth all the items he destroys in the long run.

C
C

Or, they could design characters that sane DND groups and DMs would even put in parties.

Too many special snowflake characters like every one of them were designed by some 12 year old as their first character

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by CamKitty

Or, they could design characters that sane DND groups and DMs would even put in parties.

Too many special snowflake characters like every one of them were designed by some 12 year old as their first character

Hear! Hear!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by CamKitty

What he said. Not everyone needs to be so special.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard