Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
So, I'm a character creator fiend. I'm one of those people who likes to spend *hours* in character creation with an actual thought process behind the design. I was really excited to see the quality of the character creator but disappointed by limited options. Here's some thoughts on possible improvements.

Make all hairs usable by all races/genders. I understand Tiefling horns may get in the way of some hairstyles but, personally, I'm okay with some hair clipping. If people don't care for hair clipping they could always avoid those hairs.

Make all faces available for all races
. Again, I understand that the current restrictions are largely due to certain faces being more lore friendly to certain in-game races but I think even then, there's a lot of variety in the way people look so it wouldn't be super immersion breaking to have an elf with a round face. The biggest problem I can see is the Githyanki but perhaps they could be the exception.

Sliders are the biggest thing we need. Even simple sliders can go a very long way if too much variation may interfere with character expressions.

Beauty marks, freckles and scars would also help make our characters more unique. Perhaps in the make-up or tattoo section. I get that complexion textures are scanned from the models themselves so some will never not have freckles or beauty marks but I don't see why we can't have texture masks to add features like this.

If anyone has any other character creation ideas, please add!

Edit: I'm already thinking of more.

Eyebrow options would also be really nice to have. There's one or two faces that I find unusable due to bushy eyebrows that are otherwise quite nice.

Body sliders or build options IndySandbagTrick's excellent idea~

Edit 2: formatted the suggestions for better readability at a glance.

Last edited by pinklily; 12/10/20 01:01 AM.
I
journeyman
journeyman
I
I'm hanging out for the usually bog standard scars to be added to CC, weirdly left out!!

Also, 100% want a body slider, the human model is SUPER skinny, a little more muscle on the frame would make me so much happier (I'm Samoan, and we have big ass shoulders haha).

OP Offline
Originally Posted by IndySandbagTrick
I'm hanging out for the usually bog standard scars to be added to CC, weirdly left out!!

Also, 100% want a body slider, the human model is SUPER skinny, a little more muscle on the frame would make me so much happier (I'm Samoan, and we have big ass shoulders haha).

I added your suggestion--body sliders would definitely be ideal! I have similar thoughts about the female builds--wouldn't mind playing a thicc tiefling.

Link Copied to Clipboard