Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hello fellow fans!!!
Having played through this three times now, I've finally compiled a list of... stuff? Just some feedback and suggestions. I'm sure some, if not all, of these have been said before, but this is this stuff I've found and just wanna share, and hopefully most will agree and some of this stuff will be taken on board... Of course these are just my opinions, however (also this will be loooong).

1. Not sure if it's planned or not, but please give us the choice of standard array, point buy, or rolling for stats. Players LOVE choice, and they should have those choices.

2 .I can't seem to open containers in my inventory by double clicking. Not sure if this is just me, or I'm missing something, but being able to do so would be such a time saver and incredibly simple.

3. Speaking of containers, having the ability to rename and sort contents within them would be GREAT. As someone that has a bad habit of hoarding anything that MIGHT be useful in the future, and needing to obsessively store them appropriately, the ability to sort by name or rename them is a greatly desired. It's painful when I have to constantly move everything down one slot when I find something new. And even worse when I have to try and remember which bag stores my food, or my plants, or my potions, etc.

4. Keys! Please just put them all on a keychain or in its own separate tab/container. It's incredibly frustrating when these things take up so much space the longer you go.

5. When casting spells, can we please have the ability to click on a portrait of the character you want to cast it on. This should not be difficult to implement and would make a lot of people happy.

6. Again, not sure if this is already planned or not, but the ability to pick starting equipment would be amazing. I don't want to be a ranger starting with a short bow :c

7. When in a discussion, can we please swap between characters when talking so someone else can continue the conversation? Or make that skill check? Even if characters could butt in to say their piece, or those with the highest skill check make the roll automatically would be good.

8. Something needs to be done about Mage Hand. I love that you can do what you do with it, but it's far too easy to cheese if you so wish. After using it to start an encounter or two... I then decided to test something. Gith fighter with mage hand, along with an arcane trickster mage hand... killed every goblin in the war camp using just the invisible mage hands by throwing things or pushing off edges (or both).

9. I understand that 5e is balanced around parties of four, and the engine appears to be designed to support it, but giving people the choice of up to 6 party members might not be the worst thing, even if it makes encounters more difficult. I miss having my 6 party members, but at the same time, 4 is going just fine. *shrugs*

10. The ability to turn off enemy HP/level would be fantastic. Just having the health estimates of older BG games would be fun. I know it's not for everyone, so a toggle would be great. I don't want to know if the level 2 goblin has 2 hit points left, "near death" would do.

11. I'm sure this will be fixed without issue, but the quest log is incredibly cluttered, and I can't scroll through it. Being able to "expand" or "shrink" quests to show the sub-points or hide them would be great, and being able to scroll and see the rest of the quests would be even better :P

12. When characters share initiative, it is way too easy to accidentally skip a players turn by ending it early.

13. Making it more clear to see who has advantage/disadvantage would be.... advantageous (ha ha ha - kill me).

14. Can we please put our own markers on the map?

15. I know this is EA and there's a lot of tweaking/changes to come, but I feel the enemies always act the same regardless of who they are - Gnolls, Goblins, Worgs, Intellect Devourers, Skeletons: FOCUS THE WIZAAAAAARD! COUP DE GRACE HIM! I like when enemies make smart moves, but not when they're the same move all the time no matter what you're doing or who you're facing.

16. I'd love if Camera Controls could get a little adjustment. Being able to change your view point in anyway at any height would be fantastic.

17. Is it possible to get an option to hide your helmet? Preferably for each individual as opposed to just in the options? I love how my fighter looks with his heavy helmet. I hate how my ranger looks with his leather helmet.

18. I know there have been some complaints about the ground effects (ice, acid, burning)... but I love them and want them to stay. I do, however, want them tweaked. I don't want that pool of acid to last forever. I don't want my firebolt to set the ground on fire for a turn or two unless there's something explosive or grease or whatever.

19. Interacting with objects should be an action or bonus action. The fact that I can loot multiple bodies, dip weapons, drop items, pick them back up, in any order all in one turn is crazy.

20. Again, I'm sure it will be fixed, but item stacking: It's way too easy to tell if a potion is poisoned because it won't stack with the others. But it's also difficult to tell because some items just refuse to stack with others. I have a stack of 9 apples, a stack of 5 apples, a stack of 2 apples, then 10 stacks of 1 apple. And similar for thieving tools.

I think that's about it... at least it's everything I have written down. We'll see.

addict
addict
"7. When in a discussion, can we please swap between characters when talking so someone else can continue the conversation? Or make that skill check? Even if characters could butt in to say their piece, or those with the highest skill check make the roll automatically would be good."

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...rolls_are_coming_just_not_ready_in_time/

44 mins in the video that's linked. So this is fortunately being worked on, as it is a pain in the ass having 1 person doing everything in a team game.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Which is great to hear, and I thought I had heard this somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Just chucked it in anyway to be sure haha

apprentice
apprentice
Solid post.

1 and 6 - interesting, I'd get behind it for sure.
4, 5, 14, and 17 - So very yes!
7 - covered by Underworld, (thanks for the info btw,) but I couldn't agree more.
8 - I've ignored the spell until now. I guess I'll have to mess around with it! smile
9 - I actually enjoy the 4 player group. More characters gets pretty micro in my experience
12 - I can't tell you how often I do that! Very agree!
16 - This would be nice too!

Thanks for putting in the effort for this post.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
As I said, I'm very happy with 4 players, and there will be literally NO complaint if we don't get more than 4. But would be nice to have the option haha. I'm sure someone will mod it though if need be xD

And thanks for the kind words!

Link Copied to Clipboard