Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
So lots of complaints, myself included about the type of character companions we have to choose from. So in this thread lets create some and give Larian a few ideas, not that they really need help, but just a way for all of us forum people to be more helpful in our suggestions.

Name: Melody "The Goose" Geasbound
Class: Bard
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Voice Actor: Ideal Voice Actor, A Southern Bell Country singer.

Story: Melody was the ugly duckling among her training class deep in the halls of Citadel Adbar, not wanting to learn the way of the Axe, forge or brewery. Melody wanted to sing. Secretly she would sneak to any Inn she could manage to hear the local bards strut their music and tell their tales of adventure, why once she even meet the legendary teller of tall tales Volo himself. His daring just made the call of the Bard to much for the little ugly dwarf. She sought out a way to change her fate.

Reading old runes Melody was able to decipher the location of a powerful Djinn who would trade a wish for your first born. Well, Melody was to ugly to ever worry about that so she sought out the powerful Djinn and made her deal. Well Djinns being what they are he not only granted her wish to have a beautiful singing voice, he made her stunningly attractive. That and upped her libido to guarantee that their would be a first Born the Djinn could collect on.

So romancing her would come with a terrible price! Melody could also suggest that this Djinn would have a way to cure your condition, making the Djinn in some section of the Underdark that would encourage more good players to take that route.....

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Self Bump someone else has to have some cleaver ideas on companions!!

Oooh, fun. Let's indulge in some character creation.

Name: Vienna
Race: Glasya Tiefling
Class: Rogue Thief
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Voice Actor: Dunno, someone with a slight southern accent

Story: Left on the doorstep of a farmer and his wife along the Chionthar river, Vienna (then Eliza Sommerfield) grew up happy and loved by her adoptive parents, if a little bullied by the neighboring farm kids who found it fun to use her horns as targets for slingshot practice. But she longed for more than the simple life of a farmer, and set out for the big city of Baldur's Gate. She quickly fell in with a cabal of thieves, making use of her natural dexterity to pick pockets and scam the nobles. She wrote frequently to her parents and sent much of her gold to them. She butted heads with the cabal's leader and won control, shoving him to the sidelines and taking on a new name. Growing a network of spies and informants, she now seeks to use her new power to protect those she loves from the mindflayer intrusion. With her extensive network, she knows a great deal of what's going on in the city and offers to provide her services to the adventurers with their little tadpole quest...for a price.

apprentice
apprentice
Hrm, alright I'll play. Based on my name probably no surprise, though I'm not going to pick my favorite as that'll probably end up being what I play.

Name: Solzen
Race: Seldarine Drow
Class: Oath of the Ancients Paladin
Alignment: Neutral Good
Voice Actor: Probably someone with a silvery voice.

Story: Raised in a grove dedicated to the Dark Maiden and seeing the beauty of the Realms Above, and seeing the need for protection of not only the Chosen and the commoners at his Enclave, but also the beauty of the lands around it he decided he would spend his life in service to protecting the beauty that he wished more of his lost kind to see, to make sure that not only all that were welcome on the Surface, but would be safe when they did.

V
V
Name: Rebecca
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Lawful neutral

Background: She is a sellsword. That is it, I just want something normal in my team instead of a team of individuals that could rightfully be main protagonists of their own games.

Link Copied to Clipboard