stranger
T
I wish we can find in the game historical weapons bg2 like
Staff of the Magi
Or/and
Flail of Ages grin

V
V
I am pretty sure this is a given. BG III certainly does not feel like the infinity originals through gameplay, but any item or character from the originals would immediately remedy that. I wonder why they have not yet done it in EA, would have gone a long way to appease some critics.

journeyman
journeyman
5e Staff of the Magi would be hilariously broken for EA.

journeyman
journeyman
It would be so much cool to talk to Lilarcor again, to wield Ashindalea and feeel the power of my low level Cleric or, god knows, slay a particularly vindicative red dragon for that particularly strong greatsword...

I still think Neverwinter have better character creator if you look on what skill and traits can you pick when creating character or level up. And I miss my Balduran Helmet.

Last edited by Rouoko; 12/10/20 08:59 AM.
T
stranger
stranger
T
Most of these snazzy magic items would be ridiculously broken to obtain at level 4.

Flame sword is ridiculus?

Last edited by Rouoko; 12/10/20 10:29 AM.
G
stranger
stranger
G
+1

veteran
veteran
D&D had a significant broad revamp aimed at tuning down magical items since the the second edition (i.e. a "+5 Carsomyr" would be a +3 in the fifth edition).
And some weapons in BG2 were ridiculously powerful EVEN by second edition standards. Especially in Throne of Bhaal where it was basically a slugfest among gods and "ordinary" +3 weapons were dismissed as vendor trash.

If they even decide to borrow some extremely powerful artifact from the previous games, don't be surprised to see their values slightly tuned down.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/10/20 11:16 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
D
old hand
old hand
D
I doubt that if such items would be in the game that we would even see them in EA.

All those items are legendary and some are even unique. They are really powerfull artifacts and are worth a fortune. They already said somewhere that bg3 would be lvl 1-10 so I kinda doubt wed be powerfull enough to even wield them without getting some very unwanted attention drawn to us.

V
V
Well they could just implement one of the weaker items that are just as prominent as Crom or Carsomyr. Ankheg armour comes to mind. And this can be extended to any item of the BG series, really, including the pantaloons. Couldn't they technically add any strong weapon and just make it a +2?

This also includes characters, locations or quests. Many characters are likely alive and kicking. Or their descendants. Wasn't Minsk somehow transported in time or something? I read something online. Or maybe Valygar's sphere travels in space AND time. There are a bazillion of ways how they would make people feel right at home.

One current issue people have is that the gameplay is very divinityesque and apart from the general world, nothing reminds players of the first two games, which is a grave oversight in my book. I mean even the source material has changed heaps from the 2nd edition it seems. Nothing really screams BG, as of now that is and this rightfully grinds the players' gears.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
D&D had a significant broad revamp aimed at tuning down magical items since the the second edition (i.e. a "+5 Carsomyr" would be a +3 in the fifth edition).
And some weapons in BG2 were ridiculously powerful EVEN by second edition standards. Especially in Throne of Bhaal where it was basically a slugfest among gods and "ordinary" +3 weapons were dismissed as vendor trash.

If they even decide to borrow some extremely powerful artifact from the previous games, don't be surprised to see their values slightly tuned down.

+6 was a thing, among other unspeackable features like "set str to 25", 10% chance to instakill, dispel on strike.

but still names and flavours are all i ask, nobody really wants Carsomyr to be back as it was

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
...I forget the name of it, but the longsword Greywolf at Nashkel had could be fun; it was a +2 with cold damage iirc. I don't expect anything but baldur's gate 1 items at best really. Heck, remember the Kithix black spider figurine? That would be devastating in the levels Baldur's gate 1 and 3 are at. I should know, I had it when I modded BG1 to run through BGII back in the day.

Link Copied to Clipboard