First, let me say that I don’t think that Larian or Baldur's Gate 3 did something wrong. But I do think that implementing the 5e Version is going to be a bigger challenge than I assumed it would be.

Now to the Feedback and let me start with my biggest complaint:

• The insane proficiency checks after in conversation.THIS can’t stay the way it is. Rolls (the way they are now) should be used rarely. I play a lot of DnD on the table. I’m currently in two groups and in one Pathfinder 2. I do play online as well on a Discord Server when the corona lockdown becomes tighter again. (Planar Marches if someone is interested) I did DM in the past, right now I really just want to be the player. As an e.g. one of my DMs never asks me for Skill Checks when it comes to religion or history-based religion. I’m a cleric. Acolyte background. I KNOW MY SHIT when it comes to religion. It would be great if BG3 could get an option that reflects on the “less rolling idea”. You can give players the pure and raw DnD, but for the mainstream of ppl. there should be a “smoother” option. Where you are not rolling every damn second. You get paranoid the way it is now. I constantly cast guidance for surprise checks. Save and load constantly. I love to live with my failures and continue the game, but the amount of roles makes it impossible especially when I feel that this check would never come upon the table the way it is now.

• Missing Actions! Two of the most important and frequently used. I can't find the “dodge” and “ready action”-Action.

• Feats and Actions. e.g. Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter. In the game, as it is right now, you have to check a box and you do it constantly or not. But you never use these feats constantly on the table. You make the choice on every attack new trying to adapt to the ever-changing the situation. This should be reflected in the UI as well.

• Ability Scores. First. I want mine to be rolled. Second. I want my to be the way I like them. Literally, all 20 should be possible. If I really (for whatever reason) want to play a character like that. I need to change the ability scores of my companions. This is stupid the way it is now. You can have character but still reasonable ability scores. At least. At the very least. I need a more flexible option when it comes to my own ability scores. Look, if you want to play an iconic figure from DnD books and romance e.g. a Drow Cleric, you start the game with a huge disadvantage. Drow clerics are a thing, they are literary the foundation of Loth Drow culture! Again. On the Table, playing with a DM every other DM will give you other options for your ability scores distribution.

This is it. Not a lot right now. Larian is doing a fine job imho. But I like to offer another word of advice. DnD Rules are stiff. I have never ever met another DM who is not implementing some kind of HB rule. So, Larian, make some HB and give us options to check or uncheck them in the game. But first and most, VERY MOST important. Fix the Dialogue and the constant check and the feeling of “pressure” and “lost”.

Thank you, and if you excuse me, I really need to get back in to the game.

Last edited by zersus; 12/10/20 09:00 AM.