Next Thread
Print Thread
F
FenrisC Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
An issue is showing about math calculations on dice rolls ; about 25% of displayed difficulties are off, like 10-5 = 7 to roll...

Look here :
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/X...WB9j7CsT2ULg5j6g=w832-h602-no?authuser=0[/img]

We have a roll target of 10, with a +2 from proficiency, and a +3 from Guidance bonus (+1d4), so 10 - 2 - 3 should be 5 for the final target roll.

Math is twice wrong in the game, since it should have displayed 5 instead of 6, AND succeeded since I rolled a 6. The game told me I failed but I got the target roll.

The issue is happenning a lot, miscalculating target roll by about 1 or 2 most of the time, even when not under influence of specific bonuses like guidance (happens with skills and base stat rolls as well).
Hopefully it's only a display issue, and not a calculation one, but still it's confusing as hell.

stranger
stranger
Not sure as I see a lot similar and assume the target it gives for the dice is what you need After the modifications are taken into account for Proficiencies/Guidance, Stats etc

F
FenrisC Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
Yes the upper score in "target" means the minimum roll do make, and I often success rolls with the exact needed score.

Needed score is usually calculated after accounting all bonuses to the roll (proficiencies, base stats, spells like guidance, etc.).

It doesnt explain why in some cases, both displayed score is miscalculated or math is simply wrong (getting exact needed score is a fail despite real score is normally lower, like in my example).

Last edited by FenrisC; 12/10/20 01:27 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard