Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
That's if its possible to fight Ethel yet, she teleported away when I tried and I reloaded cos I was still only at level 3.

apprentice
apprentice
Pro-tip - Buy (or steal) her potion of invisibility before you turn on her!
As for the ogres. I gave them a try on one attempt, They spawned in awkward locations. The two melee ones got shredded by the Redcaps and the caster was stuck on a ledge overlooking everything providing somewhat mediocre fire-support.

Last edited by Veylandemar; 13/10/20 07:24 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
She teleported away when she was down below in her lair or in the tea house? If tea house, just follow her into her lair.

If not, well, I am glad I killed her quickly. I had a party of level 3s. Just use stealth and strike hard with all you've got. She should be going down in two rounds.

Last edited by Nyanko; 13/10/20 07:29 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
If you hit her hard enough, she doesn't have her potion of invisibility and the initiative order favors you, you can kill her in the hut. Though you'll likely miss out on a heap of interactions in her lair.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Veylandemar
Pro-tip - Buy (or steal) her potion of invisibility before you turn on her!
As for the ogres. I gave them a try on one attempt, They spawned in awkward locations. The two melee ones got shredded by the Redcaps and the caster was stuck on a ledge overlooking everything providing somewhat mediocre fire-support.

Same, though I used them for the masked thralls first and then paid the ogres to use the horn again because the meat wasn't enough for em'. But they bugged out in Ethel's room. But, I managed to beat her down by myself just fine. She is intimidating when she has her doubles but you just need to focus down the real Ethel.

After however I could not talk to Maryana because she was stuck on an acid puddle and the ogres were still considered 'in combat' so I had to kill the ogres. But it's okay, you get a nice +int crown from the leader.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I used the ogres in the Underdark instead.
Quite funny how they apparently have no difficulties getting to the most remote places in a manner of seconds.

I almost killed her in her tea house she had like 18 hp left but the coward ran off through her fire place and i wasn't gonna chase the bitch.. I killed all the red caps then called it a day.. Honestly i read her quest is bugged anyway so i mostly ignore that silly quest.

Also i like how the game kills the two brothers no matter what you do.. i sniped her when they were chatting to her and she vanished then the two brothers just died right there from nothing.. Thats just really bad writing and design sorry.

Last edited by DanteYoda; 16/11/20 05:31 AM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard