Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
At the end you get a chance to kiss her, and she asks if it stung or something along those lines-that immediately reminded me of her glowing-hand-thing she refuses to talk about. I understand the mocapping and cutscenes don't lend itself to displays of physical contact but she strikes me as very much a no-touch person at the best of times, while the others might allow the equivalent of a fistbump.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If it's the one dailog I'm thinking about she only mentions being from Creche K'liir, in response to you asking how she knows so much about Mind Flayers. She doesn't mention anything about Selune, or the Tears of Selune at all.

stranger
stranger
OK, went and found the dialog. She says she is of the Creche K'liir of the Tears of Selune.
My brain skipped the "Tears of" portion and only picked up the "Selune" part. LOL

Tried to grab a screenshot but it is a multi-sentence dialog and it moves to the next sentence before I can get the snip tool to catch it. :P

A
stranger
stranger
A
Hello Forum,

I am looking forward to creating a Neutral Good Cleric of the Life Domain who worships SELUNE. I am hoping that I will be allowed to not only recruit Shadowheart [SHAR] but also romance her as well.

This option should be entirely allowed.

Are there not people among our current world society of different faiths who fully love each other? There are many happy mixed couples of Muslin, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Taoist, Wicca and Atheist faiths. If you happen to believe that it is more appropriate to compare the world of the Forgotten Realms to life on Ancient Earth than so be it. I believe my theory still applies. Pantheon-ism was definitely more prevalent in early human civilization especial among Egypt, Greece and Scandinavia. People embraced the Gods on a whole as each one represented a different sphere but many chose to worship one that stood for their ideals or their fears. Did people in Egypt who found RA more enticing always want to lash out at follows of SET? No, they did not. Did worshipers of HADES always want to fight followers of APHRODITE in the day to day existence of Greek life? No, they did not.

Plus, SELUNE and SHAR are twin sisters. They definitely each have different thoughts and agendas but each one knows the other is necessary for their existence.

An excerpt from Forgotten Realms lore:

“The goddesses were beautiful, identical but polar opposites, raven-haired and silver-haired, one representing the dark, the other the light in the manner of yin and yang. Yet they were so close they saw themselves as one being, known later as the Two-Faced Goddess or the Sisters-Who-Were-One. They complemented each other and brought order out of the chaos.”

THANK YOU

B
Banned
Banned
B
Originally Posted by atlakescranton
Hello Forum,

I am looking forward to creating a Neutral Good Cleric of the Life Domain who worships SELUNE. I am hoping that I will be allowed to not only recruit Shadowheart [SHAR] but also romance her as well.

This option should be entirely allowed.

Are there not people among our current world society of different faiths who fully love each other? There are many happy mixed couples of Muslin, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Taoist, Wicca and Atheist faiths. If you happen to believe that it is more appropriate to compare the world of the Forgotten Realms to life on Ancient Earth than so be it. I believe my theory still applies. Pantheon-ism was definitely more prevalent in early human civilization especial among Egypt, Greece and Scandinavia. People embraced the Gods on a whole as each one represented a different sphere but many chose to worship one that stood for their ideals or their fears. Did people in Egypt who found RA more enticing always want to lash out at follows of SET? No, they did not. Did worshipers of HADES always want to fight followers of APHRODITE in the day to day existence of Greek life? No, they did not.

Plus, SELUNE and SHAR are twin sisters. They definitely each have different thoughts and agendas but each one knows the other is necessary for their existence.

An excerpt from Forgotten Realms lore:

“The goddesses were beautiful, identical but polar opposites, raven-haired and silver-haired, one representing the dark, the other the light in the manner of yin and yang. Yet they were so close they saw themselves as one being, known later as the Two-Faced Goddess or the Sisters-Who-Were-One. They complemented each other and brought order out of the chaos.”

THANK YOU

With all respect, real world religions should not be used as a justification for ingame options.I have nothing against romancing SH with a Selunite, but I don't see how comparing real-world religions to a fantasy setting would or should have any impact on the matter.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Thank you for your reply and for at least accepting you do not mind a Selunite-Sharite romance. I had to think hard for an answer. I would be stumped if this was just another brand new fantasy setting which would make your point very enhanced. The game however is titled BALDUR'S GATE 3 for which has ties to decades of lore started by Gary Gygax [and others] with the basic Dungeons & Dragons setting and then it branched into the wonderful, highly detailed and elaborate setting known as The Forgotten Realm's. Even though this world is fantasy and was created in the minds of some brilliant, intelligent, artistic people, its morals, it emotions and its religions are all a basic carbon copy of the human world we call Earth. I am 49 years old and have played many hours of tabletop pencil and paper gaming and played the first Baldur's Gate video game when it first came out and all of the lore mimics what we know and live today or have actually lived in ancient times. So in order for the current developers at Larian to call this Baldur's Gate 3 they will have to retain the original lore.

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
I'm pretty sure that you already can romance Shadowheart as a Selune cleric.

veteran
veteran
You can. You get some special lines. Mostly salty ones -- she mocks you for looting the shrine in the owlbear cave.

Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Ramien
Okay, so Shadowheart does not like Githyanki and you have to pass a persuasion check to get her to join if playing as one. Why does she not treat a cleric of Selune the same way? You'd think she'd have at least some reaction to a PC cleric asking to join forces - even if she thinks she can hide her Shar-worship for a while, there's a major conflict of interest, especially the way she reacts to any of the Selune statues or the temple.

Yeah I too finished my "Selune Cleric" run like yesterday or so.
And the hostility she eminated was far below my expectations.

Especially this Queen of Sass grin who whines and b°tches around about so many things, she has no problem with a Selunite leading the party?
But I guess it has a single realistic aspect to it.
We are useful for her to complete her mission.

Afterwards, maybe in Act-2 or Act-3 she could try to kill us for pee'ing in Shar's tea with our very existence.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard