Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#691557 12/10/20 05:56 PM
Sharet Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
During my playthrough I've encountered a number of different issues, I'm going to list them up here and keep the list itself updated as I encounter new one. Hope the devs could benefit smile
I write the various issues in red and personal suggestions in blue.
Forgive me since now for the inevitable grammar mistakes I'm going to make, not a mothertongue ^^'

PROBLEMS
• The mission “Daughter of Darkness” says that I’ve learned Shadowheart needs to travel to Baldur’s Gate to accomplish a mission for her order. The problem is that she never mentioned it to me, so the quest log is spoiling the plot.
• Every time I change zone, my main stays with his weapons unsheathed.
• Even if you didn’t fight the scoundrel Gimblebock, to his mate inside the ruin you can only say that you have killed him.
• Texture load too slowly during cutscenes.
• The spell “Witch Bolt” glitches after cast, remaining visible for the rest of the fight.
• Often, during cutscenes, NPCs mouths don’t move.
• Poses and expressions are often inconsistent with the context (for example, the character always assumes a hero's pose and a smirk even in the most dramatic moments).
I suggest the option, during character creation, to select a default pose exactly as in DOS2 you selected a personal musical instrument. For example, the default pose during a conversation could be "serious", "thoughtful", "sunny", "aggressive" and so on.
• After I pickpocketed the druid Nettie for the antidote (since I failed to convince her to give it to me), she resumes the conversation as if I won the previous perception check instead.
• After saving the kid from the harpies, a conversation starts which blackened my screen and forced me to restart the game.
• After descending into the thiefling child's cave there is an infinite number of text lines coming from Mirkon.
• Spells auto-add themselves to the quick bar even if I toggled off the option.
• The gloves of the True Soul also place Bane on the wearer.
• The hag door remains closed even if I passed the check to persuade it to let me pass. This forced me to wear the hag mask to proceed.
• Dialogues are sometimes incoherent. For instance: I discovered that Astarion is a vampire from the monster hunter in the swamp. Then, when I went to bed, Astarion tried to bite me and I was still surprised to discover his true identity even if I knew it from hours!
• After I beat the goblin Fezzerk and Wyl questioned and killed him, Wyl starts a dialogue accusing me of having killed the goblin instead of letting him have him interrogated.
• Barcus doesn't move coherently with the windmill.
• Pouches weight way too much. I found one of 31 pounds containing just 3 gold.
• Volo's ballad at the feast is bugged. All the text shows at one, occupying all the space and music stops playing halfway through.
• Sometimes, enemies take entire minutes to take their turn.
• Ranger class is bugged. Not a single talent from level two and onward is registered in my character sheet. I even tried to test them nonetheless but they simply don't work.

[Linked Image]

SUGGESTIONS
• Having weapons glued on the back is really ugly to see. It would be amazing to have some form of sheath displaying. Also, please, let one hand weapons stay on the hips of the character, and only two-handed weapons and shields stay on his back.
• The encounters are challenging but extremely rewarding; don’t listen to those saying they are too difficult, it’s nonsense. The only thing to change, in my opinion, is to stop the AI from attacking knockdown characters. It doesn’t make any sense from a strategical point of view (they are already harmless) and it would lessen the need from resurrection magic/scrolls since they should be EXTREMELY rare.
• There is no way to judge if a jump is going to cause fall damage or not.
• The song of Alfira was marvellous and emotional but I think leaving just the lute music (instead of playing an entire orchestra) would benefit the scene. It felt a little excessive.
• It is inconvenient for things such as "Hunter's Mark" to have one spell to cast it the first time and a different spell to cast it for free a second time. Also, because the second spell disappears from the quick bar after each rest.
• The camp inventory would benefit a lot from having the same tabs as the regular inventory. Besides, it would be useful in the camp to also be able to access the inventories of unselected characters rather than constantly having to add and remove them from the party.
• There should be an experience reward for passing checks, especially for passing those that let you avoid combat. Otherwise, you are just incentivised to slaughter everyone.
• If a trap or a harmful terrain is detected, the AI should automatically avoid them unless I manually force it to step on them.
• If I kill someone in a single sneak attack, everyone visible on the map immediately become hostile even if no one saw me! This is a problem because let use sneak attack only as an alpha strike instead as an assassination tool.
• Jump and disengage are too strong, to the point that positioning is meaningless. The "jump" action lets you jump further than your entire movement, it's a broken tool to use and breaks immersion. Not even Olympic athletes are able to jump so far. I suggest that you make the "jump" and "push" standard actions.
• I think fast travel should be allowed only if you are near a rune, not everywhere on the map. I killed the goblin leader and then teleport away avoiding all the other goblins who had become hostile. It would have been much cooler if I have needed to find a way to exit the goblin camp undetected, unharmed or simply covered in blood!
• I think there is a problem with RNG. I missed 6 hits in a raw with 81% hit chance. I know it's not impossible, but extremely unlikely.
• Having both items and spells in the quick bar is really impractical. I think a "spell bar" like in Neverwinter Nights 2 (left side of the screen) would be perfect for this game.
[Linked Image]

Sharet #724178 31/10/20 06:32 PM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Sharet

• After I beat the goblin Fezzerk and Wyl questioned and killed him, Wyl starts a dialogue accusing me of having killed the goblin instead of letting him have him interrogated.

This issue is still happening and happened on my playthrough.

Last edited by Rylee; 31/10/20 06:32 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard