Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi,

After i purchased DOS:2 on steam and installed it on my imac, the game gets stuck on "verifying divinity original sin 2" at about 75% and then does not continue. The game will continue to try and load for a minute or so and then the app icon will stop moving and it says that the application has stopped responding. Based upon suggestions from this forum and online, I have reinstalled steam and this game several times with no improvement in the problem. I went as far as to reinstall the OS and upgraded to the 11.0 public beta. I looked for a log or crash report and could not find one created following this problem. Also, strangely there is not a Larian folder in documents, which I believe should have been created. I am out of ideas and would like to play this game. Please help.

System info:

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019
Processor: 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Support
Support

Try doing a clean boot and then see if you can start the game. Start/restart your Mac and hold the Shift key down as soon as the progress bar comes up in the startup window, releasing it after the desktop appears. Alternately, from the login window, hold the Shift key when you click the Log In button, and release it when you see the Dock.

Does it make a difference if you exit out of Steam and start the game from the app container? In the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Browse Local Files...' button, then exit out of the Steam client and try launching the game directly from Finder.

Try using the Disk utility to check your drive(s).

Try manually creating a 'Larian Studios' folder in your '~/Documents' folder and then extract the replacement 'Divinity Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition' there from this download. If the problem is in creating the folder, this may help, but if the game is crashing before getting to the point it would be created, it would not make a difference.

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode, Very Low quality preset and low audio quality, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this gets the game to start.

If that doesn't help, please check if any crash reports are being created (collected in the 'Console' application, under 'User Reports'; alternately, the crash reports may be saved in the '~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports' or '~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter' folders), and email one to supportdos2@larian.com or post/PM a Dropbox link, etc.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I tried all of the methods above and continued to run into the same verification error. There was no crash report, but i emailed a copy of the system log. Thanks for your assistance.

A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hi Raze, I haven't heard back after emailing support. Do you have any idea what is causing the game not to load?

Just another thought: have you tried letting the "verify" process just sit there, for hours? This has worked for some people.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard