Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692626 13/10/20 01:35 AM
OP Offline
I'm enjoying the game so far but please, you gotta put some proper dwarf voices and beards in the game. As far as voices go, the current ones all kind of strike me as sounding elven/half elven. Dwarves need to sound similar to how Victor Bevine reads Bruenor in the Salvatore audio books. He does an excellent job although he kind of sounds the same for all the dwarves in those books. It's good though.

For the beards, there were a couple I found acceptable but most of them are goatees and what not are not at all dwarvish. Dwarf beards should be the highlight of their face, not an accessory. Get rid of those goatees, van dykes and soul patches for the dwarves and put in more proper beards!

H
stranger
stranger
H
Dwarfes need only TOTAL ERRADICATION BY HOLY FLAME!

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
A Dwarf should sound like Oghren from Dragon Age.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by FreshRevenge
A Dwarf should sound like Oghren from Dragon Age.

A gravelly North American accent? Or a gravelly Scottish accent?

enthusiast
enthusiast
As it appears, all dwarves currently in the game are gold dwarves... shield dwarves are sopposed to be much more "rough" and warlike, in appearance and demeanor. Longer, more elaborate and/or unkempt beards, scars, all that.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by WarBaby2
As it appears, all dwarves currently in the game are gold dwarves... shield dwarves are sopposed to be much more "rough" and warlike, in appearance and demeanor. Longer, more elaborate and/or unkempt beards, scars, all that.

I am not following you. Are you saying they made all the dwarves look alike?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by WarBaby2

racist!!! or would it be subracist??
+1

posted somewhere else about dwarves, and halflings needing different voices, and githyanki. The voices are good for most of the other races being believable. But dwarves sounding like they're going to pick flowers and hug trees is alot of meh to me. neither voice has that deep, rumble that I imagine dwarves to have. Unless your the bouldershoulder druid, or the pretty dwarf who earned the battleragers respect. Still I think of Sam Reigel in one of Crit Roles productions when he was tired, or whatever was going on his voice was even deeper then Williams and had me boogled on who was talking. I feel dwarves don't really need an accent though the way their speech is written in many books kinda disproves that. 'Me gurls, and Ayes, etc.' kinda scottish/irish sorta yes I know the two are different. Don't need to get beaten up by a skirt wearing highlander, with a shelaleigh. Or an angry drunk red head. (j/k) I also believe that they need a new thing for scars that you can add to your character. though could be in the works, not sure if it is or not.

As for halflings, non of the voices have that particular higher pitch to them that seems imo to belong to halflings. The girls are two girly, the males to elveny.

Link Copied to Clipboard