Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
journeyman
journeyman
Love the narration. It adds a lot to the experience IMO. Works very well.

addict
addict
Yep, totally fine with the Narrator, could be a little louder in the mix personally.
Might try with headphones to see if that makes a difference.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I really like her voice!

Originally Posted by Divine Star
I like it to be honest. Never got the feeling that she was being seductive or too sensual.
I always imagine it's what the 'voice in your head' sounds like or this 'Absolute' person.

That's certainly not how the voice in MY head sounds like. It sounds a lot more like...well, me laugh

Last edited by Khorvale; 14/10/20 06:58 PM.
old hand
old hand
I like the narrator, she has a great voice and looks good in the game

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
D
D
I love the narrator. Having Malady whisper into my ear throughout the game is pretty fantastic. Amelia Tyler is such an excellent voice actor. To be honest, I was afraid the narrator couldn't possibly be as good as the one in Divinity but she has proven me wrong.

veteran
veteran
Does anyone else think it'd be great if she said "Roll initiative!", when battle starts?

C
C
Narrator is trying waaaaaay to hard to sound sexy while reading fantasy junk. It ACTUALLY made me cringe, and I think that word is normally over used

T
T
Malady VA Amelia Tyler I love her voice!

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I definitely do not like the narration at all. Dislike the voice and the tone. Seems way too forced and unnatural.

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Does anyone else think it'd be great if she said "Roll initiative!", when battle starts?

Hah! I'd love that! At the very least as an option laugh

old hand
old hand
Missed opportunity to have Patrick Stewart or George Takei.

Anyone OG remember Patrick Stewart as the king in Westwood Studios classic game Lands of Lore?

Last edited by Orbax; 14/10/20 08:06 PM.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
enthusiast
enthusiast
I wanted Morgan Freeman as narrator.

Necromancy is just recycling...
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
But.... I *like* British accents! laugh laugh laugh

Banned
Banned
The narrator is fine. It is the script and direction that are cringe.

enthusiast
enthusiast
In case you were all wondering, the Narrator's voice actor for Baldur's Gate 2 was John H. Mayer, who is still very much alive and still very much doing voice work -> https://english-voice-over.fandom.com/wiki/John_H._Mayer

So again, if they wanted to pay homage to the games that BG 3 is supposed to be based upon, they had ample opportunity to use the same narrator to help set the tone of the game. Instead we get the exact same sound as a prominent DoS 2 character.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Isaac Springsong
In case you were all wondering, the Narrator's voice actor for Baldur's Gate 2 was John H. Mayer, who is still very much alive and still very much doing voice work -> https://english-voice-over.fandom.com/wiki/John_H._Mayer

So again, if they wanted to pay homage to the games that BG 3 is supposed to be based upon, they had ample opportunity to use the same narrator to help set the tone of the game. Instead we get the exact same sound as a prominent DoS 2 character.

Honestly, the only thing I can remember about his voice is "You must gather your party before venturing forth."

enthusiast
enthusiast
No, you're right. Her voice volume seems considerably lower sometimes. That needs a bit of a fix.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I love the voice, but I don't understand the tone: why it's sultry and sexy.... It's a narration of events and your own thoughts. Shouldn't it be a bit more... subdued, or matter of fact? Instead of it sounding like there's a seductress in my head?

T
stranger
stranger
T
I love the voice and the narration. Its one of the better aspects of the game.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard