Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I just wanted to get a consensus on how many people take the stealth approach. I see a lot of posts about the battle at the Druid grove, but very few on storming the goblin camp. Through stealth and proper placement I was able to clear the whole dungeon, avoiding the outside area by warping out of the underdark entrance.

Also, I’m hitting level 2 almost 10 hours in, is this pretty normal?

H
stranger
stranger
H
I just stormed the goblin castle throwing spells arrows and hand grenades everywhere (on lvl4) , but the stealth itself is quite good! Stealthy character has 100% chance to push enemy of the cliff (helped me a lot during fight with dwarves at Undergrounds) or you can just attack first with all 4 of your characters.

old hand
old hand
Had a lot of fun with stealth in part of that. Wandered in with no issue, went to talk to Minthara, killed her and the others in that room, then worked my way through the other areas. Sneaked up on a wall, took out one of the ladders on the other side of the wall so the enemies couldn't climb up, then had party take it in turns going up and down our ladder shooting off ranged attacks. Best part was when I moved my party up onto the rafters just above the room with Priestess Gut. Had my character sneak further along and took out all but 3 before they started moving. Unfortunately for them, they moved in range of the rest of my party. Took absolutely no damage from that fight and was amused as hell. :)

old hand
old hand
Stealth requires a lot of save scumming to pull off though.

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Stealth requires a lot of save scumming to pull off though.

Really? I needed exactly one reload at the minotaur fight and one for the Goblin priestess. The rest of the time I pulled it off with misses but patience. Playing woodelf thief might have helped though because superior movement and extra action for dash help immensely.

Solo kill list: One stupid evil (displayed alignment) Githyanki warrior, a dark grove, a Zhentarim hideout full of "experienced" rogues, half a Goblin camp including two hobgoblins, two minotaurs, a bunch of underworld monsters and their wannabe sorcerous overlord
old hand
old hand
Stealth and hiding may be a bit too powerful actually. Just cheesed my way through solo fighting Kagha and the others, no one moves if you are hidden. All I had to do was pop them with my bow and hide again, only had to change position once to kill the two out of range. I feel it would be better if enemies would at least try to find cover on their turns.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ABS_TRAC
Also, I’m hitting level 2 almost 10 hours in, is this pretty normal?

It didnt take me that long. I was level 2 shortly after recruiting Shadowheart. Depends on how much you explore etc I guess.

Love and sausages xx

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard