Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693335 13/10/20 11:17 AM
Rouoko Offline OP
OP Offline
This topic is about Karlach don't read if you don't want spoiler.

I found her and description of that tyr paladin don't describe her look. She got two horns. Please fix description or her look.
Secon when will be second act avaible? I want join her to my party.

Rouoko #701886 16/10/20 07:47 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
I second this. Was wondering why the character model did not match her description.

Rouoko #701929 16/10/20 08:09 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

She also wears generic armor and is probably going to be a companion. They probably use a placeholder now while the correct model is in progress.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog

She also wears generic armor and is probably going to be a companion. They probably use a placeholder now while the correct model is in progress.

They have a few pretty obvious party member placeholders. Shes totes worth it. Sweet sword AND her, cant wait

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Rouoko #701962 16/10/20 08:38 PM
N
old hand
old hand
N
She will be a companion for sure. Cause she's supposed to go to Baldur's gate but when you talk to her after restoring her health, she just stays there and repeats her lines. It means she goes on a loop instead of having the proper ending to our conversation with her, which is recruiting or a promise to meet again in baldur's gate.

Rouoko #701965 16/10/20 08:40 PM
apprentice
apprentice
Anyway the best way is to execute both paladins and her.

Rouoko #702006 16/10/20 09:12 PM
Yeah the conflicting description made me believe Karlach over the Tyr paladins.

Rouoko #702100 16/10/20 10:17 PM
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Rouoko
This topic is about Karlach don't read if you don't want spoiler.

I found her and description of that tyr paladin don't describe her look. She got two horns. Please fix description or her look.
Secon when will be second act avaible? I want join her to my party.

The second act will not be available till release. That's how the DOS2 release worked and I imagine this will be along the same lines.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by Synaryn

They are servants of Zariel

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
apprentice
apprentice

Is there any evidence that they're Servants of Zariel, apart from the conflicting physical description (which can be chalked up to incomplete in Early Access)? I looked around any couldn't find anything and to me there was simply no way or knowing?

Anything you can do, a bard can do better.
Quent #702273 17/10/20 01:20 AM
R
stranger
stranger
R
yep, there are a couple of evidences, but I actually don't know how to use the Spoiler section, so please, enlighten me!

Quent #702276 17/10/20 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Quent

Is there any evidence that they're Servants of Zariel, apart from the conflicting physical description (which can be chalked up to incomplete in Early Access)? I looked around any couldn't find anything and to me there was simply no way or knowing?

I'm not sure how I got the dialogue (used Detect Thoughts as Shadowheart and got a new option, so either the spell or being a cleric?), but I was able to accuse them of BSing, and they admitted that they were warlocks of Zariel. They had a whole sob story that they were gonna lose their souls unless they bring Karlach back.

Rouoko #702978 17/10/20 01:53 PM
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
When Anders first gave the quest, I made a skill check (I think religion) after Anders said that this devil was going on a rampage with gnolls which said that "devil's can't collect souls through wanton slaughter" -- first clue that Anders isn't telling the truth.

Also, if you talk with the dead body in the Toll Building, (oddly named ''Dead refugee"), he tells you that they were able to kill the gnolls due to their "pact". I don't know if there was a skill check, but then there is a dialogue option like "you made a pact with a devil?", and the corpse says something to the effect that they made a pact with Zariel. After that, speaking with Anders gave me the option of "you're ruse is up .. I know that you're working for a devil." Also, after speaking to the dead body Lae'zal wanted me to speak with her and then warned me of getting involved in the affairs of devils.

Later on, when I confronted Anders accusing him of not being a Tyr worshipper he admits that he used to be a paladin of Tyr but is now fallen. Tyr didn't listen to him but Zariel did... And his pact with Zariel demands that he get Karlach's soul in exchange for his own. Zariel wants her because she was one of her former champions in the blood war but escaped (on the mindflayer ship).

Last edited by dza101; 17/10/20 02:00 PM.
Rouoko #705408 18/10/20 10:11 PM
P
P
@dza thanks for those spoilers. I had my suspicions but nothing in the game actually confirmed them except that they went hostile awfully quick. It might be nice if there were some evidence to be found after the battle.

In the FR canon, Tyr is lawful good but also is merciful. Helm would be a good choice for unwavering "we must kill the devil's servant", and maybe a little more of a nuanced choice. But either way I'd have preferred dialog options which made it more clear what choice I was making which don't require speak with dead to have happened first.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Postwave
@dza thanks for those spoilers. I had my suspicions but nothing in the game actually confirmed them except that they went hostile awfully quick. It might be nice if there were some evidence to be found after the battle.

In the FR canon, Tyr is lawful good but also is merciful. Helm would be a good choice for unwavering "we must kill the devil's servant", and maybe a little more of a nuanced choice. But either way I'd have preferred dialog options which made it more clear what choice I was making which don't require speak with dead to have happened first.

If you use the speak with dead amulet on the dead body in the room with the traitor, he also says he's a warlock.

Also, there's apparently a passive Religion check during one of the dialogue trees that I failed....I suspect it has to do with their implication of a devil working with gnolls. (Gnolls are demonic so in lore, would hate devils). But I didn't pass the check, so I'm not sure.

I will say, I was a bit suspicious when they started implying the devil they were hunting was working with the gnolls. Speak with dead just confirmed it.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 18/10/20 10:27 PM.
Quent #705473 18/10/20 10:42 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Quent

You can pass a religion or insight check during conversation that makes their description of Karlach crimes be implausible. The say that she murdered innocents and all, but the affiliation they described makes no sense as in that case wanton murder is odd.

There are, as usual per Larian, several ways to find out the truth.

Last edited by Gaidax; 18/10/20 10:42 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard