Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
P
OP Offline
P
There is a lot of great feedback here. Some I disagree with, but, still, generally valid and helpful impressions and reactions.

Is someonefrom Larian listening to all this? I don't expect everything to be responded to, but it'd be nice for some of the common themes which keep coming up to be acknowledged. (For example: party size, surface balance and cantrips, jump and disengage, skill check implementation.) I'm not even looking for an answer, just a "we hear you".

Are there responses like thistthat I've missed? Is something planned? Or is it really the case that analyzing playthrough instrumentation is the main feedback route devs are actually looking at, and this forum is just an outlet for players to vent to ourselves?

veteran
veteran
I was wondering the same.
TO be clear I know that as a broad principle most developers would prefer to stick their dicks in a hornet's nest rather than interact directly with their most rabid fanbase, and I respect that.

But it wouldn't be too bad to have at least some vague "feedback on the feedback" so to say, in the form of some open letter/sticked post among the lines of "Dear fans, we are listening. Here's the things we are currently looking into based on your feedback".

It would also spare a lot of pointless debate here if they were explicit about things.
Imagine for instance if they openly said "No, guys, a six-men party is completely out of the question and it WILL NEVER HAPPEN".
It would be somewhat disappointing for those like me that think it would be an improvement, but at least I'd know that advocating for it over and over explaining what makes it better is an ungrateful, fruitless waste of time I could spare myself from.
Same with the "We will never offer an alternate option to the horrendous chain/unchain system because even if 99% of the user base hates it we are proud of our control scheme". Well, bummer, but at leas I would know.

Last edited by Tuco; 13/10/20 12:23 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Yeah, I'd really like to know as well which are the main chanels of feedback amd where to go to, I came to here after 1 day on steam forums, but I hope they are not wasting too much time reading that, what a mess.
Here it's been mostly good honest feedback though, very little trolling, different opinions, some I agree some I don't, but mostly good discussions and analysis.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Of course they are reading.

Most likely they are compiling lists of at least the most common points and probably already discussing which things they might be open to change.

It would be a bad idea to have someone in the forums giving personal feedback on anything, as they will likely get people’s hopes up about certain things before going through the process of evaluating it internally.

I suspect we’ll hear back on some of these after they’ve had all the necessary internal discussions. Although very possibly they are concentrating on fixing the worst bugs for now.

apprentice
apprentice
I would assume someone (a moderator or Community Representative) is responsible for this. If there isn't one, there should be one appointed. But seeing as how DoS only improved from player feedback over time, I would imagine the same would happen with BG3.

I'd say ideas are more likely to get traction here versus Reddit or even less, Steam (ugh) but who knows.

There would be no point in it otherwise.

Keep in mind we're only like 1 week out of EA. I'm sure there are a ton of metrics/data to read through and disseminate. There's PLENTY of time to get the major issues ironed out. I'd say this game is at least 1.5 years out, if not a bit more.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
I would assume someone (a moderator or Community Representative) is responsible for this. If there isn't one, there should be one appointed. But seeing as how DoS only improved from player feedback over time, I would imagine the same would happen with BG3.

I started the pinned topic (which I am admittedly rather behind schedule with updating: RL got in the way) and when I suggested it, the response was pretty much that while another summary of player feedback is welcome, it is already being noted. I have little more information than that myself, but will pass it on if anything is forthcoming.

Last edited by vometia; 13/10/20 12:43 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dagless

I suspect we’ll hear back on some of these after they’ve had all the necessary internal discussions. Although very possibly they are concentrating on fixing the worst bugs for now.

Possibly, but then again bugs aren't interesting, so they don't require a whole lot of communication and transparency. It's basically a given to have them fixed at some point as long as the source can be traced.
Would a "We are fixing crashes and polishing cutscenes" really interest or surprise anyone? They could work on that stuff without a single line of feedback on our side.

Design tweaks, UI changes, content additions based on players impressions etc. are far more interesting from an EA point of view than fixing bugs and polishing content.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by vometia

I started the pinned topic (which I am admittedly rather behind schedule with updating: RL got in the way) and when I suggested it, the response was pretty much that while another summary of player feedback is welcome, it is already being noted. I have little more information than that myself, but will pass it on if anything is forthcoming.

Oh, I know you have this topic. I posted in it yesterday. No RL getting in the way of BGIII, are you mad!? (kidding) And I noticed that no one user in particular has short notes. If someone else consistent could be your backup and start going backwards while you go forwards might help you out. There is quite a bit for one person to sift through.

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by vometia

Thanks -- I appreciate it.

I saw the pinned topic, but then it kind of devolves into a thousand-post forum thread which seems less useful than non-pinned posts. Not your fault just the way this type of forum works. smile

stranger
stranger
At the risk of sounding entitled: they'd better be. Those of us playing EA have essentially payed full price to playtest BG3. The leas they should do is read the feedback.

I supposed the EA thing has two vectors of usefulness: it provides capital to fund the remainder of the development; and it provides playtesters who pay to playtest. If you ignore the latter, you're wasting a resource.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm 100% sure they do listen and a moderator on the discord said they compile a big list of all the feedback, still I wish for some official response from an Larian employee at some point as well.
I'm kinda confused about the dead silence, but they probably have a lot to do right now smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
I expect that we'll never have anyone from Larian Studios posting here on these threads, only news posts but I do hope Sven will do a video to give us how he feels EA is doing and share their plans to go forward within a few weeks.

apprentice
apprentice
why would they not post in the forums? this is the official forum linked from the website.
There is also the officical news thread - I expected some form of interaction to be honest.

Last edited by rfuzzo; 13/10/20 02:18 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Merry Mayhem
I expect that we'll never have anyone from Larian Studios posting here on these threads

That's almost a given. Some studios have even explicit rules against it.
But I don't really want a back and forth conversation with them. Just a vague summary where they point what they are acknowledging and possibly what plans they have about it would already be a luxury.

enthusiast
enthusiast
How hard could it be for them to make a community update saying "Hey people we are listening to your feedback, here are some of the thing we focusing right now: "?

Necromancy is just recycling...
journeyman
journeyman
A couple days back, they did post in the forums saying exactly what you wanted them to say. "We are listening, patch is planned, right now we focused on fixing multiplayer with updates 2 and 3, patch is coming eventually tho".

Originally Posted by Dagless
Of course they are reading.

Most likely they are compiling lists of at least the most common points and probably already discussing which things they might be open to change.

It would be a bad idea to have someone in the forums giving personal feedback on anything, as they will likely get people’s hopes up about certain things before going through the process of evaluating it internally.

Come on, the game's been in Early Access for like 6 days, they should be ready to FIX IT COMPLETELY! wink

And yeah, having somebody "official" start replying to suggestions would probably be a very bad idea until after the dev team has compiled a document of things to fix/change/implement, maybe even then as well although it would certainly be cool if there would be some official commentary on "yes, this is getting a rework" or "rebalancing this or that feature is on the to-do list" once the team has actually locked in what needs to change and what doesn't.
Having some sort of official "State of the Early Access" write-up at some point might be an idea maybe.

Last edited by Khorvale; 13/10/20 02:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Skarpharald
A couple days back, they did post in the forums saying exactly what you wanted them to say. "We are listening, patch is planned, right now we focused on fixing multiplayer with updates 2 and 3, patch is coming eventually tho".

Well, "we aree listening" is the least interesting part of it (and almost a mandatory formality these days).
The communication most of us would want to hear is some degree of explicitness about what are they going to do exactly about it.

Nothing too detailed but "We are addressing these problems with the UI", "We are revising control scheme according to feedback" or "We are addressing inventory cluttering" would go a long way to make people here feel taken into consideration, if not as individual voices (I don't care about it al all) as an aggregate of opinions.

Last edited by Tuco; 13/10/20 02:55 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
Honestly the silence may be good. means all hands are on deck, and working extra hard. Then again it might be bad. Though if they even posted something simple in a thread like this one it may lead into something they don't want like a slew of questions hurled at them. Something so simple as 'We are watching you' okay creepy, maybe 'Yes' can trigger a slew of things that could very well subtract from the work they are doing, and cause poor Joe/Jane Smo to have to shift through tons more posts for pertanent ones. (ugg my spelling!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard