Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693566 13/10/20 01:16 PM
Aengist Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Did Larian by any chance say something about making the Duergar a playable subrace of the dwarven race? I'm asking because I was just creating a cleric, when I saw that you could play as a cleric of Laduguer, their main deity (and if I recall the lore correctly he is solely worshipped by them), which seemed odd to me. There are also already Duergar in the game (even on the surface), so the only thing they would have to add are race specific lines. It would be awesome, because they add a pretty interesting flavour to the dwarven race.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
As a big dwarf fan (a big fan of dwarfs, not a fan of big dwarfs) I'm not a fan of Duergar but I agree that they ought to be represented in the game. If we have dark elves, then dark dwarfs should be featured.

It would also be hilarious to see Dark Sun halflings (maybe on holiday or the victim of the trans-dimensional mind-flayer doo-dads), but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

veteran
veteran
Don't take this as a solid confirmation or denial, but ...

Some people on the RPGCodex apparently poked around in the game files, and they seem to have found Duregar as a future playable race.

Warning, RPG Codex.
Warning, spoilers for potential companions, and the third spoiler tag is a main story and/or origin spoiler thing, so definitely don't click that last one.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...early-access.135311/page-83#post-6953596

Last edited by Stabbey; 13/10/20 02:11 PM. Reason: added link for source
Aengist Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Very interesting, thank you!

veteran
veteran
Nice find

Would make sense if their main god is available to a cleric and not to mention
You encounter Duergar in the Underdark section of EA.

Read the fine print.
Aengist Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I just saw this interview with Swen Vincke and at 53:53 he pretty much confirms that Duergar will be playable:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/ax...-on-baldurs-gate-3s-early-access-release

The question is why would you want to play a gray dwarf? They are pretty much everyone's bitches...drow, other dwarves, illithids, probably svirfneblin too. In all the FR books I have read/listened to, I can't remember them ever winning a fight laugh

Originally Posted by Stabbey
Don't take this as a solid confirmation or denial, but ...

Some people on the RPGCodex apparently poked around in the game files, and they seem to have found Duregar as a future playable race.

Warning, RPG Codex.
Warning, spoilers for potential companions, and the third spoiler tag is a main story and/or origin spoiler thing, so definitely don't click that last one.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...early-access.135311/page-83#post-6953596

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what program they might have used to extract the files? I've been fiddling with the pak files myself but haven't made any headway. 7zip gets an error message. I'd love to have a look inside myself.

Link Copied to Clipboard