Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#693665 13/10/20 02:17 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I tried to find this problem here on the forums, didn't find it. So here goes.

The camp no longer allows me to rest. When I click on the bedrolls I'm just returned to wherever I was before going to camp. Also, when I go to camp after talking to Zevlor to have that celebration, nothing happens. I had to confirm online that my expectation that I should return to camp to trigger a cutscene was correct - and from what I've seen, without this cutscene happening, I can't complete the chapter.

I don't know exactly when this problem with the camp started, but it was before returning to the Druid's Grove having successfully dealt with the goblins. I don't know how long before. I dragged myself along without resting for a long time. The last time I'd used the camp successfully was after helping out the trapped caravan, and before going to Waukeen's Rest (which was my last stop before going to try and take out the goblin leaders). That seems to be the point when it broke.

Waukeen's Rest in general seemed... iffy to me, but I'm not sure how much was working other than as intended. For what it's worth:
- saving that trapped man was weird: having to jump through what should be a perfectly navigable ground floor, and the broken door reappeared in non-interactable form if I loaded a save after going upstairs.
- then, when I helped rescue the councillor, she told me to go rescue the Baron from the Drow: this did not open a new entry in my journal. Instead, dialogues suggested I'd failed to save the Baron. But I was sleepy as hell, playing very late and may have missed stuff.

stranger
stranger
I had a similar issue with the camping. Try travelling to the camp from a portal and click on the fireplace. That should kick you back out to the portal. Once back there, click on the "end the day" button on the mini-map (above the "short rest"). Click on the fireplace and it should actually light this time. You should be able to rest after that.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Thanks, mannequin, I'll try that when I get home.

Edit: didn't work, unfortunately.

Last edited by Bluthtonian; 14/10/20 02:01 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard