Print Thread
#693745 13/10/20 03:00 PM
L
LizNuzz Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
L
Many have addressed that as of now, many fights feel tedious due to enemies not making their move, or doing so after half a minute.

Something else I want to address are seemingly suicidal enemies. They want barrels to explode so badly they don't seem to care they will instantly die themselves. That doesn't feel very... natural to me. At least not for humen. Not sure if it makes sense for certain monsters. For me, this happened:
- in a barrel loaded room in the temple in the goblin camp
- in the ruins (in front of which you can recruit Shadowheart), by one of the humen

I am not sure how I feel about enemies going out of their way to kill party members that are already unconcious. While I see this may be clever in a world in which a quick healing spell is enough to make them fight again, I think in most cases people would try to stop the next attacks from happening (aka attacking the next concious enemy) and only try to kill downed opponents after all imminent threats are dealt with.

LizNuzz #693763 13/10/20 03:12 PM
addict
addict
Regarding the issue of attacking unconscious party members, see this thread

LizNuzz #693791 13/10/20 03:27 PM
apprentice
apprentice
You raise good points that I also noticed while playing.

I would like to add that there are clearly ennemies designed for jumping (the two minotaurs in the underdark are a very obvious example) and ennemies who won't jump even if their life (or that of their leader) depends on it, which breaks immersion (the goblins in the ruins of the temple who stay stuck behind a railing if there's fire in the stairs).

Link Copied to Clipboard